JLU jax

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Nick

I really like my Mopar steps and they really do tie in well with the fenders. I had the dealership put them on and have had them about a month. They keep people from banging my doors and add a spot for vertically challenged people (grandma) to get in. They also give me a place to stretch my left leg with the doors off. I had people tell me the same things they said to you when I posted a pic of my jeep with them.

You know that’s what makes jeep’s great, you get to decide how you want it to look

PS: they come off with 6 bolts if you want to change them out for rock crawling

161F5C28-BD92-4219-96C0-C4C20CE8F495.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Nick

I really like my Mopar steps and they really do tie in well with the fenders. I had the dealership put them on and have had them about a month. They keep people from banging my doors and add a spot for vertically challenged people (grandma) to get in. They also give me a place to stretch my left leg with the doors off. I had people tell me the same things they said to you when I posted a pic of my jeep with them.

You know that’s what makes jeep’s great, you get to decide how you want it to look

PS: they come off with 6 bolts if you want to change them out for rock crawling

161F5C28-BD92-4219-96C0-C4C20CE8F495.jpeg
That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thanks bro..looks really good with white!

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I just realized they have two kinds. I thought Mopar was factory but I guess not. Now I'm not sure what one I like more. Mopar ones are already being shipped to me.

Screenshot_20180227-151407~01.png

Screenshot_20180227-151318~01.png

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
I just realized they have two kinds. I thought Mopar was factory but I guess not. Now I'm not sure what one I like more. Mopar ones are already being shipped to me.

They are both MOPAR. The bottom ones are the ones that come standard on the Sahara. Those are more accurately called running boards. They are made of plastic, won’t really protect the Jeep.

The top ones are the tube side steps, more like the ones you could get on the JK. They are aluminum. They probably won’t protect too much either, but def more than the plastic ones. (I like the sound they make when idiots fling their doors into them, damaging their car door and not my Jeep!)

The MOPAR site, build your Jeep, and Performance Parts catalogue never really differentiated between the two, using tubular side steps in the option description when you build the Jeep, but the photo was the running boards.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
That's exactly why I bought them lol...for that reason alone. I can't find any pics with a JL and the tube ones. I hope I made the right decision

JLU jax

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
When the dealer ordered mine they had both types shipped and let me pick. The rounded ones felt like plastic also (not aluminum).

I picked the flat ones because of the way they flowed with the bumper and I thought they would be easier for gma to get in.

Jeep calls them tubular side steps. (They aren’t tubular at all.)

26D226BC-66FB-42AF-A000-58FC89E8F68E.jpeg

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
ughh I can't win. Everytime I do something it's always wrong. I'm beyond frustrated right now. who knows.. maybe it will good since it will be black on black.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata

Does anybody know the width of either mopar side step?
I am considering the Go Rhino RB20 https://www.quadratec.com/p/go-rhino/rb20-running-boards-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door
vs Mopar tubular https://www.justforjeeps.com/jl-tube-steps.html

RB20 seems a bit wider, I am interested to see the measurement on both.

Last edited:

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Jeep Commando, '18 JLU sport s
I ordered the gloss black n-fab ones last week for my JLU. I'll post pics of them installed once they come in. Should be later this week or early the next one. 3-5 business days build time and 2-3 days shipping from TX to TN. Part# J1866-GB. Best price i could find was thru morris4x4 who had 10% off, free shipping, and no TN sales tax. Here is a pic from nfab's facebook.

download.jpg

Sponsored

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
I ordered the gloss black n-fab ones last week for my JLU. I'll post pics of them installed once they come in. Should be later this week or early the next one. 3-5 business days build time and 2-3 days shipping from TX to TN. Part# J1866-GB. Best price i could find was thru morris4x4 who had 10% off, free shipping, and no TN sales tax. Here is a pic from nfab's facebook.

download.jpg

They look good. I have them on my 17 and I wasn't going to get them again because the pinch seam is really exposed and looks like ass. It looks like they moved them higher for the JL. Their ads say they tucked them up to hide the pinch seam but I think they say the same about the JK ones. Looking forward to your photos. If you're not aware of it, there's also a $40 rebate on them right now, form is available on their website if it doesn't come with them.

Rough Country Suspensions

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1998 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Sales Supervisor

Rough Country Suspensions

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1998 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
Outstanding!! Thank You!! When do you think they will be ready for sale?
The final prints should be handed off to manufacturing Friday so I am guessing 10-14 days depending how backed up the powder coat dept is. I will post up and PM ya if I get a firmer date.
Sponsored