OP
OP
Carlton_Banks

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
According to my good friend that owns a few dealerships, the rebates arent going to come, or at least there is no grand plan... ( perhaps they’ll be a little something at the bitter end for the few remaining) the JK stock isn’t an issue and the wrangler demand is still high... the price difference between the two is your “rebate”.
There was a leaked document that stated heavy rebates for the JK, and looked like it would start March/April.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chrysler cancelled the plan. Let's skyrocket the JL price so the outgoing model seems like a sale....

Chevy, Ford, Honda etc all put large rebates on their outgoing models but Chrysler seems to like to stick it to their customers.
Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
There is talk that Mahindra is considering the idea of selling the Thar in the USA. The Thar is basically a true CJ. If this happens it will be a huge blow to Chrysler. I'd buy a Thar in a heartbeat. They have held the Patent since WWII. More jeep than Fiat...
This won’t happen, even if it did it would be such a compromise Vehicle I suspect the impact to Chrysler would be very small if at all noticed .... hey, Id like to see it, but the vast majority of wrangler buyers aren’t Thar buyers, I think that’s we’re people get twisted about the wrangler.

OP
OP
Carlton_Banks

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
This won’t happen, even if it did it would be such a compromise Vehicle I suspect the impact to Chrysler would be very small if at all noticed .... hey, Id like to see it, but the vast majority of wrangler buyers aren’t Thar buyers, I think that’s we’re people get twisted about the wrangler.
I'd like to see it as an option. The soccer mom's etc may not go for it which is a large portion of jeep customers. I'm sure plenty of people would go for it however who want a true jeep or a lower cost point for a jeep. True jeepers, teens first car, fun family vehicle, cabin/beach house vehicle etc. There will be a market for it I am certain.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I'd like to see it as an option. The soccer mom's etc may not go for it which is a large portion of jeep customers. I'm sure plenty of people would go for it however who want a true jeep or a lower cost point for a jeep. True jeepers, teens first car, fun family vehicle, cabin/beach house vehicle etc. There will be a market for it I am certain.
I’d like to see it as an option too, hell, I might buy one, but not to replace the wrangler... I’m just saying if people think the Thar is going to bring FCA to their knees they don’t understand the wrangler market..... FCA might be IBM, but the Thar ain’t no compaq

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If done right my 23-year-old self that bought a JY may have been interested in a Thar. My 40-something self is not. .

OP
OP
Carlton_Banks

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
I’d like to see it as an option too, hell, I might buy one, but not to replace the wrangler... I’m just saying if people think the Thar is going to bring FCA to their knees they don’t understand the wrangler market..... FCA might be IBM, but the Thar ain’t no compaq
It would just be nice to have additional options. There really aren't any now. Late 80s-00s there were: Bronco, Samurai, Sportage, Tracker, Rodeo/Amigo etc.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
It would just be nice to have additional options. There really aren't any now. Late 80s-00s there were: Bronco, Samurai, Sportage, Tracker, Rodeo/Amigo etc.
That reality probably led to the late CJ and YJ's prices being kept in check. There were tons of roofless 4x4's. In addition to your list of roofless vehicles, there were 80's Toyota 4Runners and the Daihatsu Rocky

A second-coming of convertible 4x4's would be awesome. We have absolutely shown that the market wants it.

Get. To. It. Manufacturers. There's very serious money to be made in this high-demand, lucrative segment

/soapbox

trailcat

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
There is talk that Mahindra is considering the idea of selling the Thar in the USA. The Thar is basically a true CJ. If this happens it will be a huge blow to Chrysler. I'd buy a Thar in a heartbeat. They have held the Patent since WWII. More jeep than Fiat...
Good news but whats the source of info?

OP
OP
Carlton_Banks

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Good news but whats the source of info?
I don't remember. I believe it was Jalopnik or 4Wheeler. In an article about the Roxor it was stated that they were gauging interest based off the Roxor and if there was enough the Thar would be looked at as well.
Sponsored