MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I think the February sales numbers are misleading. Since a new model came out dealerships were purchasing stock. This likely accounts for the increase.
I'm doubtful of that for several reasons: 1) dealers would have been purchasing new stock regardless of whether there was a brand-new model or not, and 2) they probably couldn't order significantly more new JLs this year than they could JKs last year, due to JL production ramp-up limitations, and 3) the timing of the JL price increase seems very much like a reaction to a genuine sales volume increase-- I doubt the FCA execs are naive enough to be fooled by their own numbers. They've been through new model introductions before.
Sponsored

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm feeling that way now myself. If I could, I'd probably just order a JK Willy's and be done with it.

Fuck this company. I'll try to say that as often as possible from here on out.
I'm not quite to that point yet ;), but there may well be a Certified Pre-Owned JK or JL in my future next year, which would be satisfying in a way, because FCA pockets much, much less on a CPO sale than on a new sale.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
I think the February sales numbers are misleading. Since a new model came out dealerships were purchasing stock. This likely accounts for the increase.
Sales are just that, SALES! It doesn’t include inventory on dealer lots. But it does include both sales of JK’s and JL’s.

NaughtyGeek

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Dodge Dart, 1969 Corvette 350/350, 2003 Exploder, 2005 Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2015 4 Runner, 2017 JKUR
I picked up a 2017 JKUR for just shy of 8% under invoice a couple weeks ago so just keep your eyes peeled. I was dead set on a JL but I got a JK Rubi for less than I could get a JL Sport S so it was a no brainer for me. The new gadgets are WAY cool but the new pricing isn't. With the additional price hikes the JK discounts may not materialize in mass quantities however.

VictorChampion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
I share some of the sour sentiment as above with Jeep right now. Received a Golden Ticket today. It expires April 30 and my JL won't be here by then and I ordered 1/22. And, guess what, not good on Wranglers. Specifically excludes Wranglers along with Demon, SRT and a few other models. So if your hoping for a Golden Ticket, the new ones wont work on Wrangler. at least mine won't. I'm shopping on a Grand Cherokee now ONLY because I should get the golden ticket discount and Tread Lightly and Bonus Drive. Although, that may not be enough for me to stay with Jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carlton_Banks

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Carlton the Ford F-150 destination is $1495 which is $50 more than the JL.
Ford.com shows the F150 and F250 at $1,395. $50 cheaper and the Ford takes up twice the space on the Rig.

The fact is Chrysler is screwing their customers with the JL.

Yo Sam

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Altitude
Been watching the 2018 JKR Recon since the JL 2 door is not in production yet. There are still 2017's around with discounts to $36k on a $45k rig. Of course getting a good deal off the one you are trading is another thing...LOL!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You know you are probably right so I ask everyone on this forum to please not buy a new JL. Let’s bring those FCA bastards to begging for sales, that’ll teach em!
Yes! I'm with you!

In spirit.

Because I'm still getting one.

but yeah. Let's go!

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Carlton the Ford F-150 destination is $1495 which is $50 more than the JL.
And the new Dodge Ram is even higher than that.

Meanwhile the competent japs can build a 4Runner in Japan and ship it here for cheaper than those.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
You know you are probably right so I ask everyone on this forum to please not buy a new JL. Let’s bring those FCA bastards to begging for sales, that’ll teach em!
Hopefully the future Ford Bronco throws a wrench in FCA's greedy assholey behavior. Here's hoping lol

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Any of the dealers on here hear any word on the rebates yet?
According to my good friend that owns a few dealerships, the rebates arent going to come, or at least there is no grand plan... ( perhaps they’ll be a little something at the bitter end for the few remaining) the JK stock isn’t an issue and the wrangler demand is still high... the price difference between the two is your “rebate”.

OP
OP
Carlton_Banks

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Hopefully the future Ford Bronco throws a wrench in FCA's greedy assholey behavior. Here's hoping lol
There is talk that Mahindra is considering the idea of selling the Thar in the USA. The Thar is basically a true CJ. If this happens it will be a huge blow to Chrysler. I'd buy a Thar in a heartbeat. They have held the Patent since WWII. More jeep than Fiat...
Sponsored