Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
You called?

1602894251917.gif

(and you’re right, the techs are still over filling motors with six quarts)
Hahaha!

Funny thing was when I first typed Notorious, my phone auto capitalized it. This time I didn't double back to lower it. Lol ;)

Sponsored

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
JK's take 6, and he was referring to the dealers who have been notorious for putting the same amount in the JL's that only take 5. Its the unfortunate result of what happens when someone only puts enough heart in their chosen profession to clear a paycheck. Going into the 4th year of the current generation, and the dealer "master techs" are still overfilling motors.
fair enough.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Ahhhh Wichita Falls, Texas. Not far at all. Had you driven 80 minutes southeast, you’d have been on the tip of the DFW metroplex.
one day one day for sure , I haven't driven through Texas but only once many years ago , it was quick trip through the panhandle where I saw this little white church in middle of nowhere and I swear it looked like the one in Magnificent Seven movie and as I turned my head the other way I saw an old wheeler pumps , I know Texas is a very special place in so very many different ways , endless straightaway roads , smiling blonds serving steaks as big as face of the moon and cooler beer than the arctic ice

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
For me jeep wave is totally worth it. I have the 2016 GC diesel as well as the 2020JLURD. The cost of the oil change for them is $240.00 per change. $150.00 for 2 oil changes is a no brainier for me.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
How much does it cost to do it yourself?

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Just did mine today. $75

Mobil Delvac 5w40 $3.40 a quart ($30.60)
Mopar chinese ripoff filter was $44
Awesome price thanks. I appreciate the information. However to me the price of doing the work myself and having the dealership do it is a wash. I trust the dealership that I go to and it saves me time and energy to do.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Awesome price thanks. I appreciate the information. However to me the price of doing the work myself and having the dealership do it is a wash. I trust the dealership that I go to and it saves me time and energy to do.
A good dealer/service department makes it a good deal!
Sponsored