Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

MeatRack

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 2023 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Finally back home. 3,283 miles / 70 hours on the trip. No BOH trails but tons of fun and experience.

Recovered a CRV (with 3 very nice young women) who inadvertently got on Willow Springs Road (stupid mapping software) trying to get into Arches National Park. Also recovered a 4 Runner with some bear hunters that was stuck in the snow in Idaho.

I encountered my first real assholes on the trail. They weren't Jeepers. My wife told them literally to Go Fuck Themselves. I've never been more proud of her.

I'm ready to go again. I'm already planning the next trip. I guess I should retire.
Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
Finally back home. 3,283 miles / 70 hours on the trip. No BOH trails but tons of fun and experience.

Recovered a CRV (with 3 very nice young women) who inadvertently got on Willow Springs Road (stupid mapping software) trying to get into Arches National Park. Also recovered a 4 Runner with some bear hunters that was stuck in the snow in Idaho.

I encountered my first real assholes on the trail. They weren't Jeepers. My wife told them literally to Go Fuck Themselves. I've never been more proud of her.

I'm ready to go again. I'm already planning the next trip. I guess I should retire.
Love, for the GFT(Y).
More people should be told to do as such, on the daily.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
First day it’s been over 50° in about two weeks. They’re definitely out today.
I stripped the Jeep down about two weeks ago, top off, doors off, windshield down. I have not had one good day here in Michigan yet to be able to actually enjoy it and I have to put it back together by the end of the week.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1714474319858-ol

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Part of the draw for me, there's three near work, and having somewhere in town I can stop and shower is really useful. Plus, all the gym bros at work won't go there. "The Purple Palace ain't a real gym. They don't have heavy enough weights, the lunk alarm is stupid, and no one in there is really serious about getting in shape."
I work out at Planet Fitness three to five times a week. They are the only gym in the area. They have driven all the other gyms out of business. They do have their limitations, but I am still able to get a decent workout in. Lucky for us, we have not had any of the trans drama at my local Planet Fitness.

The nice thing about Planet Fitness is you can turn your membership on and off very easily. We do that often because of traveling.

The things that limit Plant Fitness is the lack of a regular weight bar, so dead lifts have to be done in a smith machine. Also, their Leg press is limited to about 500 pounds as it does not have the second bar installed. I am a pretty big guy so some of the machines are not adjustable enough for me to fit into correctly. Their seated bench press, is awkward as is their shoulder press machine.

I typically do their 30 minute circuit training twice to make and hour work out with a bunch of core exercises and kettlebell movements between the weight machine stages.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
What are you looking at, what's your preference?

I'm a crotch rocket kinda guy, but appreciate all styles.
If a bike will not pull pure throttle wheelies at speed, I don't even want to ride it. I would rather drive a Prius than ride a Goldwing or a Harley. Well 99% of the Harleys. I would ride one of these even though it is not up to the task.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1714475419564-dz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I prefer cruisers, but I love almost any bike.
Specifically, this time, I was drooling over a Honda interstate, a Honda Valkyrie dct, and an Indian scout.
Ideally, however, next bike needs to be geared towards my 100 mile commute. So, I was hoping to snag a Honda NM4 for overall comfort, manueverablity and fuel mileage.
Look at sport touring bikes. My Concours 14 has an adjustable windshield, was super smooth, got good milage, and was comfortable for long rides, I would do 600 to 1000+ mile days on it. It also has hard bags that will fit a helmet with ease and pull off in seconds and can be carried like a suit case. You can also find them relatively cheap.

You can easily get 160+ hp out of the bike with some very simple mods. I put about 92,000 miles on mine before I sold it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1714475947969-xw

You can buy them from about $400 to $5000 for one with about 30,000 miles on them. Great brakes, fast as fuck for what they are. After all the motor is just a slightly detuned ZX14 motor.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
try explaining the to the commanding officer. :CWL:
"Secret"

That's just the gun shield on the turret. Driver is still gonna get it though!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) F off LCpl

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
Good Morning All you filthy Jeepers!!!!

I am Patiently Waiting
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1714476868039-gh

for that call from the shop to tell me that Roxy is fixed and better than new.

I have blocked off my calendar to head back to NLR with the trailer to get her this afternoon.

Also dealing with a little bit of health insurance BS...the local clinic that I visited a couple of weeks ago tried filing my insurance with BCBS-AR when I have BCBS-AL. I even scanned in my insurance card but somehow they screwed that up...WAY to instill confidence in your community people...

Well, better get by day kick-started...work is waiting.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I've literally only used 85 in mine. ?‍♂
I've done one tank of 87 at a gas station that had run out of 85, never noticed a difference.
I've done one tank of 91 at a different gas station as a "test" and didn't notice a difference either.

When the Mini manual said it needed 93, and suddenly 93 was no longer an option when I moved here...And it ran fine on 91, I did a little research as to why and then stopped questioning it. ?‍♂

YMMV...literally, I guess.

Edit: Also like..how the fuck would the manufacturer know you ran a lower octane fuel? :bandit:
The computer knows somehow, lol. I honestly think the Ram nerfed the tune if I used 87 in it, lol. It just felt a bit more sporty on 89.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I stripped the Jeep down about two weeks ago, top off, doors off, windshield down. I have not had one good day here in Michigan yet to be able to actually enjoy it and I have to put it back together by the end of the week.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1714476868039-gh
dont feel bad. been awesome topless/doorless weather but my jeep got pressed into daily status due to the daily needing wheel bearings. which has been a rather annoying experience due to a couple of issues during disassembly