Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
It's not all bad news. I get home to find a check from my mortgage company for $92! They decided I was a bit over on escrow payments. Hell yes!!!

Sponsored

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
I use the app at the airport to hail a ride. A driver takes it and then calls me asking more questions about where I'm going. Since I'm still somewhat new to CA, I did not know the actual distance from the airport to my house so I tell him 40 to 60 miles. Turns out to be 80. He hems and haws and bit and then says he's on his way. Just a few minutes later he calls back and says he just doesn't wanna take the fare and that I need to cancel OR he and I can work something out. FUK YOU PAL! He also tells me that the fare is gonna jump cuz it's busy time. Sho nuff..... I order another pickup and the fare doubled!

New driver is shocked when he finally notices where I'm headed but says no problem, we'll get it done. Turns out to be a great guy and tells me there are tricks you have to use OR use one of the shuttle services instead. Bottom line, never call for a ride FROM the airport itself. Take a free shuttle to a hotel or car rental and then hail Uber from there.

Furkz!
Stab him in the spleen!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Forget the complexity argument. It's use case argument for me. The 28 mile battery range means that most of MY driving will be hauling around 800# of dead battery, not getting the torque I want from a 5.7L Hemi. I'm not complaining, I really like the 2.0lT I bought. Even if the 5.7 had been available for $4k more I probably would not have bought it... maybe...

Oh hell, I want the 392, but my wife said NO!

Haha, I got her back, though, I made her get the 5.7 in her Grand Cherokee.
So when the battery readout says "< 1%" Its really around 15% of its total capacity and will operate like a normal hybrid. The electric motors are never not in play, its just the ability to use electric only is deactivated to avoid completely running the battery out. You still have the full torque available.

I'm not sure where that misconception came about but its rampant in the general forums. lol

Now as I said earlier, the non hybrid powertrains are a better option for some people. Just sayin... lol.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Have a good one Mr. Lee Iacocca Jr. :CWL:
I'll take that as a complement... Unless you were specifically thinking of the Ford Pinto when you said that... :punch:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I had the 5.7L in my GC Trailhawk and loved it.

Sean's argument that there's no place for it because of the existence of the 392 only makes sense if they both come in at (or near) the same price-point. I'm saying there's totally a niche for a $60k V8 Wrangler. I'd be all over it. A $80k-100k Wrangler? No thanks.
Its a solid point. It would probably exist if there wasn't an EPA man hovering over them.
Sponsored