Jeep built?

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Because we are approaching the end of a model year, custom orders are dropping as many would-be buyers have decided to wait. However you’re like me and decided to jump on board before the annual price increase, which looks to be a smart move with the extremely minor updates announced for 2019.

I ordered on 8/27 and it was built 9/4. So turnaround times are clearly way down. Enjoy your new toy, hope it arrives in your driveway soon!
Plus you're 90 minutes from the plant...so unfair :facepalm:
Sponsored

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
Jesus. My order was cloned 8/17 and its still in d1. And the first Vin was ordered July 2.
Ouch I thought mine was bad with a 7/27 order date, I still have a glimmer of hope it won’t be cloned and starting from scratch with a new vin!

Sponsored

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Update - now in G status - Trim. According to dealer delay I may see is getting it from Jeep to dealer due to lack of trucks to transport it.

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
Jesus. My order was cloned 8/17 and its still in d1. And the first Vin was ordered July 2.
7/27 and still D1
Ouch I thought mine was bad with a 7/27 order date, I still have a glimmer of hope it won’t be cloned and starting from scratch with a new vin!
Ordered 6/8. That order was cloned 8/21. Cloned order still in D1 status as of today. What gets me is the original order is on its way to the dealer now. So my question is why clone it if they are just going to sell it to someone else?

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 6/8. That order was cloned 8/21. Cloned order still in D1 status as of today. What gets me is the original order is on its way to the dealer now. So my question is why clone it if they are just going to sell it to someone else?
I’d be visiting that dealer and getting my vehicle!

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
I’d be visiting that dealer and getting my vehicle!
I would but I’m a bit hesitant. When I was told that my order would be cloned they said it was because they found a problem with the build. At that point the original build was in inspection status for 40 days. That’s all they would say.

I guess it couldn’t have been that big of a problem if they are shipping it to the dealer now. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Update - now in G status - Trim. According to dealer delay I may see is getting it from Jeep to dealer due to lack of trucks to transport it.
You went from D1 to G in a single day?

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would but I’m a bit hesitant. When I was told that my order would be cloned they said it was because they found a problem with the build. At that point the original build was in inspection status for 40 days. That’s all they would say.

I guess it couldn’t have been that big of a problem if they are shipping it to the dealer now. It just doesn’t make any sense.
That was my thought, at least contact the dealer and ask to inspect and see if they can clarify/ research what the issue was and why this vehicle showed before your cloned order. That is just not right! What harm can it be to ask the dealer to try to make this right?

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Guess that is not normal...we will see when it ships.
I’m not sure if it’s normal I was just wondering if Jeep Chat said one day you were in D1 and then the next day you were in G. Still not sure what happened lol

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure if it’s normal I was just wondering if Jeep Chat said one day you were in D1 and then the next day you were in G. Still not sure what happened lol
Just checked and status is KZ...almost there!!
Sponsored