Sponsored

Is this amount of rust normal?

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I paint everything under neath when brand new after pressure wash. Use rust encapsulator from Eastwoods, then use their chasis black epoxy paint. spray some wax coated rust inhibitors on top. also use their paintable seam seal on all the floor pan seams to keep the salt out. their inner frame coating is excellent to use for the interior box sections of the frame, cross members and rockers. I use fluid film for the inside of the doors, tailgate, hood.
Por-15 and Eastwood's inner frame coating are my favorite.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Por-15 and Eastwood's inner frame coating are my favorite.
I know this is the regiment for TJ owners, but do you also do it for JK/JL? Even tho I have the LineX, I may just throw some Eastwood's down the inner frames, as long as no drilling is required.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
plenty of openings in the frame and cross members to thread the wand in. I also pulled the trim in the door openings to flood the rockers.

Trick to rust proofings is to apply them when everything under neath is new and clean. I do it first thing on every brand new car, takes me a couple weeks in my garage.

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Went over the border to PA. Bristol garage.

I live in NJ too, just fluid filmed mine and do it yearly (really works wonders as my brother always does it and we compared our JKs (mine only 1 year old and his 4 years old at the time) and his had no rust under it and mine had already started....only down side is the oily mess when working on it but well worth the corrosion prevention.

for next year I might go somewhere to have it done, is it Bristol & Taylor garage?

and if you don't mind sharing the cost (I spend about $80 just on spray cans) so don't mind spending more

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I live in NJ too, just fluid filmed mine and do it yearly (really works wonders as my brother always does it and we compared our JKs (mine only 1 year old and his 4 years old at the time) and his had no rust under it and mine had already started....only down side is the oily mess when working on it but well worth the corrosion prevention.

for next year I might go somewhere to have it done, is it Bristol & Taylor garage?

and if you don't mind sharing the cost (I spend about $80 just on spray cans) so don't mind spending more
Yes, Bristol & Taylor garage. Let me find my CC invoice ;)

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I know this is the regiment for TJ owners, but do you also do it for JK/JL? Even tho I have the LineX, I may just throw some Eastwood's down the inner frames, as long as no drilling is required.
Like VNT said, there are plenty of holes in the frame so no need to drill.
Sponsored