Sponsored

Is the 2-door getting shorted on models and options?

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Do you think there will ever be a time in the future when the two door will be discontinued?
Nope. FCA sold 40k of them last year. That’s about 3x more vehicles than Maserati and Alpha sold in the US combined.
Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Nope. FCA sold 40k of them last year. That’s about 3x more vehicles than Maserati and Alpha sold in the US combined.
Yes good point ,
I hope your correct. I’m worried that if that 40,000 number drops to 30 then drops to 20 then drops to 10 what will happen ? The four-door / two door split is 80/20 if the future it’s 95/5 it’s a hard business case to make.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
2 door and 4 door share an absolutely YUGE percentage of parts. Virtually every bolt-on part found on the 2 door is also on the 4 door.

The bodies are different panels of course, but that tooling is all in place already. Not much savings to be had by eliminating the two-door now. In fact, they are adding yet ANOTHER model with the Gladiator -- remains to be seen whether it will sell in as great of numbers as the two-door, and how many of those Gladiator sales are cannibalized from the 4-door "Unlimited" model.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Yes good point ,
I hope your correct. I’m worried that if that 40,000 number drops to 30 then drops to 20 then drops to 10 what will happen ? The four-door / two door split is 80/20 if the future it’s 95/5 it’s a hard business case to make.
Well, if history is any indication, the 2 door shall live on. It’s an icon. Now, that argument could be made for Alpha Romeo today. FCA is tripling down on keeping that around. Most likely at the expense of eliminating the “C” in FCA.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Great points ,
Especially about the parts sharing. It makes sense jeep wouldn’t save that much by discontinuing the two door.