First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Got up early this morning to drive the Jeep to Billings Mt so they could replace the hood and the door skin on both passenger side doors (hail damage from June). Radio worked fine all the way to Sheridan.

Stopped to fill up and once I took off I had no sound at all. At that time I had my IPhone connected. Switched to satellite radio, then FM, AM, and nothing. The volume control on the 8.4 screen was going up, but the sound wasnā€™t. Turned it off, then back on, but it didnā€™t make an difference. Tried everything I could. After about 40 miles, I pull over and turned the Jeep off for about 5 minutes.

Once I restarted it, I had sound coming from all speakers except for the drivers front speaker. Went to Audio and and when I switched the sound from center to the drivers speaker there was no sound at all.

Once I got to Billings Mt, I stopped for about 30 minutes before dropping the Jeep off. After I started it, everything worked just like it was suppose to. Anyone ever seen anything like this before?
Sponsored

KCwrangler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
A lot of us are having electrical gremlins with our radios, I've had mine in a few times for it now...they've updated it, but that hasn't fixed the problem. I've read that a legitimate fix might be out in april?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Iā€™ve had the issue where the radio seems to operate at half the normal volume a few times now. I have a 2018 JLU Sahara with the 8.5 Uconnect/infotainment. I think itā€™s a boot time issue where I get in, start up, and immediate throw it in reverse to back out of the garage. I think maybe this issue is related to not giving the system enough time to fully initialize/boot before initializing another process (in this case, the backup camera). Been running doors off for a few weeks now. The issue clears up after parking it for a whileā€”not sure how long, but over an hour although Iā€™m not keeping track. I have had the no sound issue fixed by the switch to AM and back to the other audio source, but that doesnā€™t work here. Not going to respond to @JeepCares because they crapped all over me once for an issues that took the dealer over seven tries to fix spanning nearly a year. Iā€™ll work with the dealer on my own. JeepCares doesnā€™t care about you. If they did, we would t have so many owners struggling with their dealers/service departments.

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Iā€™ve had the issue where the radio seems to operate at half the Norma volume a few times now. I have a 2018 JLU Sahara with infotainment. I think itā€™s a boot time issue where I get in, start up, and immediate throw it in reverse to back out of the garage. I think maybe this issue is related to not giving the system enough time to fully initialize before forcing beginning another process (backup camera). Been running doors off for a few weeks now. The issue clears up after parking it for a whileā€”not sure how long, but over an hour although Iā€™m not keeping track.
We recommend having your dealer look into this for you. If you would like any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message and we'll be happy to help!

Alison
JeepCares

BravoZuluBadger

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I bought my 2019 Sahara on 22 days ago and it has been in the shop three times since. My engine warning light would constantly come on (hopefully this was fixed yesterday). However, my radio performance is most concerning; my clock does not keep time and last weekend my sound disappeared...the SiriusXM was updating songs but absolutely no sound...not from SiriusXM, FM, AM or using the phone via Bluetooth. However, the next day everything was fine. :whew: However, today when I was driving, music would cut out and the front left speaker was not producing sound. :angry: Apparently getting new 8.4 radios are hard to come by but Iā€™m scheduled to get a new radio next week. Itā€™s been 25 years since I owned a 1984 CJ-7 and I rode that beast until the body completely rusted out. This was my first Jeep since then...I was super stoked to drive it off the lot, but 825 miles later Iā€™m getting bummed out that Iā€™ve been in the dealershipā€˜s loaner Jeep more than my own. Optimistic that all these snafus will be over next week so I can work on my build.

Sponsored

Okiedokie

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Sahara
Same issue. Super frustrating. Taking my car to the dealer today and I am sure it will be SUPER PRODUCTIVE use of my time. *insertsarcasmgifhere*

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Once I restarted it, I had sound coming from all speakers except for the drivers front speaker. Went to Audio and and when I switched the sound from center to the drivers speaker there was no sound at all.
Interestingā€¦.
Mine is RHD, and this issue happens to me recently as well, and itā€™s drive side too!(im sitting at the right side) I donā€™t know whether itā€™s a software issue or hardware issue.
Sponsored