Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited sport
Occupation
Crime scene remediation field supervisor
Good evening jeepers,

I just purchased a teraflex level kit for my sport. Do I need to support and work on both sides at the same time or can I use one jack under the axle and work one spring at a time? TIA
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You need to do each axle at the same time. So front together and then the rear together. (Front and rear separately)

Support the frame on jack stands up pretty high. Put the jack under the middle of the axle. Unbolt the shocks, the sway bar end links, loosen up the control arms. Lower the jack to lower the axle enough to get the springs out. Watch everything to make sure no electrical, diff breather tube, or brake lines are over extending. Install the spacers and reinstall/tighten.

Watch some you tube vids and read the instructions

OP
OP
Mrmojo78

Mrmojo78

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited sport
Occupation
Crime scene remediation field supervisor
You need to do each axle at the same time. So front together and then the rear together. (Front and rear separately)

Support the frame on jack stands up pretty high. Put the jack under the middle of the axle. Unbolt the shocks, the sway bar end links, loosen up the control arms. Lower the jack to lower the axle enough to get the springs out. Watch everything to make sure no electrical, diff breather tube, or brake lines are over extending. Install the spacers and reinstall/tighten.

Watch some you tube vids and read the instructions
Thank you. I've been researching for weeks but wasnt sure about changing at the same time... attempting the install tomorrow. Wish me luck...

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Watch this video. It makes it look so easy (which it really is). This is on a gladiator but the front end is the same and once you do the front the rear follows the same logic. Your main concern will be making sure you have enough slack in your brake lines and unplugging the harness for your lockers and FAD. I also took the breather hose off at the axle.

Sponsored