Sponsored

Insane Used Jeep pricing.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yep. Yesterday I bought a 2019 2D Rubicon with 3.9k miles on it. Was driven for 7 months in North Carolina before being repossessed. Got it all checked out, independent mechanic, Carfax etc. No previous incidents or problems. Basically brand new. Has the Y07 recall on it, but understand the update is coming soon. KBB is 39-42k, I paid 45k at CarMax. I figure it was actually a good deal, considering how difficult it is to find a 2D around here, but I'd be interested to know what others think. I'm new to Jeeps, this is my first, and I'm psyched!
Hi pants,
Y07 is only repaired with a software flash. We expect the owner letters for this recall to mail in July. Hope this information helps.

Rob
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

malogus

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I also sold to vroom (well they still need to pick up...), for what I paid 3 years and 22k miles ago. Replaced it with a fully loaded 2021 Telluride that I got used (with 700 miles). Paid MSRP on the Telluride, but that was a steal considering most dealers were 6-10k above MSRP, and I didn't pay tax on a private party transaction. And they guy had already ceramic coated, tinted, and added weathertec mats.

The only way it makes sense is if you are able to capitalize on the used car markup without having to also pay that same markup on the replacement vehicle.

Just as a follow-up.. I was skeptical that Vroom would come through with the offer they had given me ($44,400 for a fully loaded 2018 Sahara with 22k miles), but they just wired the money. It took a decent amount of effort (I had to reach out every step of the way), but they were about $6k over the carvana and kbb offers.

ferrellmc

First Name
Ferrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Just as a follow-up.. I was skeptical that Vroom would come through with the offer they had given me ($44,400 for a fully loaded 2018 Sahara with 22k miles), but they just wired the money. It took a decent amount of effort (I had to reach out every step of the way), but they were about $6k over the carvana and kbb offers.
I'm in the process of just beginning, I accepted the offer and E-signed the docs. My fully loaded 2018 Sahara with 29k went for 42,300. What do you mean you had to reach out every step of the way? Thanks!

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
The value for my ā€˜2020 rubicon Jeep, with 53k miles on it equals to what I paid for it. Even with all the miles. Crazy.

Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Same here, 43500 for a 3 year old Sahara that I paid $37k for in March. I did alot of hand holding. Patience is required but they will honor their online price.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
I just sold my 2020 Silverado back to the dealer for $2500 more than I paid for it, and the dealer put it out for $800 more than MSRP. So I drove it for a year, put 11k on it, and it is worth more no than when new. I found the same problem. I just ordered a New Willys sport. The same dealer I ordered from has a base Sport selling for more than I will buy the Willys for.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

malogus

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I'm in the process of just beginning, I accepted the offer and E-signed the docs. My fully loaded 2018 Sahara with 29k went for 42,300. What do you mean you had to reach out every step of the way? Thanks!
After accepting/signing the docs, they will send you a FedEx package. Return quickly and then wait for the pickup. The key that I wasnt told was once they pick up, you have to mail the tow invoice back to them (at a different email than you have been using). After that I had the payoff to my bank, and the remainder to my bank account in like 2 days.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I sold mine. I had a 2019 JLR. Owned it over 2 years and 21K miles. I sold it for $1800 MORE than I originally paid for it brand new.
itā€™s not a bad idea. Sold mine to Vroom for more than I paid, and itā€™s now listed on their website for more than itā€™s MSRP
I just joined the club. The local dealership just gave me $45K for my JL, while also giving me the friends and family price in addition to incentives for a new Ram.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I just received my plates and sticker from Vroom thus finalizing the process. I would use them again just be patient and expect a few hiccups. Start to finish was about 6 weeks from accpted offer, to trade , to delivery pickup and now plates delivered.

Vroom is now offering me $2500 more for the Jeep I just bought from them. The problem: sell high, buy high...

ChicagoJeeper

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, soon to be a 2021 Wrangler
Just got done yesterday selling my gladiator to vroom. Got 53k for a 2020 rubicon with most all the features (60k sticker, I payed less than that). Was exactly 1 week from when I accepted the offer online until the driver was here to pick it up. Got the direct deposit the next day. Was super easy and they were way over carvana or the dealers in the area.
Sponsored