Sponsored

Price used Jeep

TnSwtHrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Stingray
Im interested in selling my Jeep. What should I put as asking price?? Only thing I've added is all weather floor mats. It will have about 14000 miles (daily driver). Comes with warranty.

20181205_133146.jpg
Sponsored

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
You can buy a new one for under $39k so you have to keep that in mind.

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
I’ve been shopping the used JLs within 200 miles of me for the last couple weeks. Very few private sellers and only a handful at dealers. Almost all of them have fewer than 10k miles, many have fewer than 3k.

The good deals I’ve seen down here (which still haven’t sold in 7-10 days of tracking them) are about $32k on a $39k sticker. The average deals are $32k on a $36k sticker. I haven’t pulled the trigger on any of them because even the best deals I’ve seen are only $3k or so cheaper than I could special order from Koons. I’d bite at $4-5k under. (Which is looking close to 22-23% off sticker)

I have seen plenty of jeeps priced higher than a good shopper could buy a new one for. Do they sell for that? No idea. They might, dealers here are happy to sell you above MSRP if you let them.

You are in a bit of an unfortunate situation in that you have a high priced/high optioned “sport” model - on the used market a poorly optioned Sahara would probably fetch a little more money. Given that, you are probably better off trying to sell on here where someone would appreciate the options - but take it by a couple dealers and by carmax and see what they’ll give you for it, then price it online $2k-3k higher.

Unfortunately I wouldn’t be a match for yours as I’m looking for a soft top auto.

Last edited:

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I was offered 54.5 for my loaded JLUR in Oregon. It’s lifted on 37’s with Beadlocks, upgraded aftermarket steering including ATS, Engo XR10 winch. Decided to keep it and order the Gladiator and give this one to the wife.

As far as yours figure most are paying about 5-7 under invoice(there’s a thread with invoice pricing)... price it in that range. One other factor is location. In Oregon most dealers are selling at or above invoice, which is why I bought in Idaho. Good luck!!!; and DO NOT take it to CARMAX(above post) LOL.. they don’t pay squat...

Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Check out both Carvana and Vroom, both will give you offers and come to your door to pick it up. If you're not happy with what they're offering you try private sale for few grand more then your best offer from one of these.

EDIT: Out of curiosity i just got both appraisals here are the results.

MSRP: $51K
Purchased for $45k on May 5th (7 moths and 7k miles ago)
Carvana: $36,600
Vroom: $41,000

Last edited:

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have sold cars through VROOM before and always received great offers. Would definitely give them a try.
Sponsored