Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a Long Islander! Both Staten Islanders and Long Islanders say they live “on the island.” But only one of us is right ;)
and in either case... neither of us is wrong....!
Sponsored

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Such a n00b you are, get with the program!

Joking, but anyway your dealer should have been showing you some of this stuff. In my case though, I knew more about my new Jeep than my salesman did. He even admitted it to me and wanted me to show him what all the controls were for since I traded a JK for my JL and knew my way around a Wrangler.

Enjoy your newfound controls, they work great.
I found the exact same thing to be true when I picked up my JLUR a few weeks ago. Most of the info the sales rep gave me I already knew, and I had to correct him on a few things. I credit this to the excellent information and great people on this forum! Thank you all for your contributions.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ya so I read manual and much like I thought, no earth shattering revelations in there. Definitely nothing that would save my life (Holy melodramatic!). Just some buttons I didn't realize were there until I did, not a big deal. I drive stick so the neutral drama is not mine either. Maybe I'm "ignorant" but gas on the right brake on the left ya? I got it. I'll be fine.
Well, not to be "that guy" but after reading your post I just have to say you're not ignorant. You state in your post you drive a stick? Well, that would put the gas on the right and the clutch on the left with the brake in the middle, ya?

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Should have received what’s basically a quick start guide with the rest of your manuals when you purchased the Jeep. I’ve gotten them for both my 17 JKU and the 18 Renegade.
Yeah, but reading such guides and manuals is a cardinal sin and violates the Intergalactic Jeep He-Man Code.

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
"RTFM", Read The F'ing Manual...:) I always read the new vehicle manual. We were out one night and I asked my wife to start her car. She said it was too cold and I said "You have remote start." She looked at me and said "Really?" RTFM...

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I’m a Long Islander! Both Staten Islanders and Long Islanders say they live “on the island.” But only one of us is right ;)
And now the Islanders play in Brooklyn. #sad

Traveler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hella Yella, 2011 JK, 1997 TJ Sport, 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland
Well, I have a story about the buttons on the back of the Steering wheel. Skip by if you don’t want to read this.....

I’ve been driving various Jeeps since my 90 YJ. However, in 2002 I purchased an 03 Liberty with these same buttons on the back of the wheel. Well, at the time, my two sons were only 2 and 3. For many, many years, I had the two of them convinced that their dear old dad had some “magic powers” and just by pointing my right hand at the radio, the station would change (as I would hit next station with my left hand). Sometimes, I would give them the power for a short while, so when they pointed at the radio, it would magically change stations. Other times, I would take the power away from them and no matter how hard they tried, they couldn’t change the station, no matter how hard they pointed or waved their hands.

As they grew, they believed there was some sort of motion detection on the radio, and they just couldn’t ever get it right. This magic lasted until their early teen years, (by then I had replaced the Liberty with a GC, though I always had a 97 TJ on the side). When I FINALLY told them about the buttons on the back of the wheel, they couldn’t believe I had kept up the deception for such a long time.

Now they’re both driving Jeeps. One my TJ, the other a 2 door JK. We still have a laugh about this every now and then.

Traveler

Last edited:

Sponsored

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Why read the manual when we have such an informed group of enthusiasts on the forums to ask our questions. Thanks to all of you

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
Well, I have a story about the buttons on the back of the Steering wheel. Skip by if you don’t want to read this.....

I’ve been driving various Jeeps since my 90 YJ. However, in 2002 I purchased an 03 Liberty with these same buttons on the back of the wheel. Well, at the time, my two sons were only 2 and 3. For many, many years, I had the two of them convinced that their dear old dad had some “magic powers” and just by pointing my right hand at the radio, the station would change (as I would hit next station with my left hand). Sometimes, I would give them the power for a short while, so when they pointed at the radio, it would magically change stations. Other times, I would take the power away from them and no matter how hard they tried, they couldn’t change the station, no matter how hard they pointed or waved their hands.

As they grew, they believed there was some sort of motion detection on the radio, and they just couldn’t ever get it right. This magic lasted until their early teen years, (by then I had replaced the Liberty with a GC, though I always had a 97 TJ on the side). When I FINALLY told them about the buttons on the back of the wheel, they couldn’t believe I had kept up the deception for such a long time.

Now they’re both driving Jeeps. One my TJ, the other a 2 door JK. We still have a laugh about this every now and then.

Traveler
uh, I am totally stealing this

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara

Traveler
That's Awesome!
Sponsored