How to determine crawl ratio?

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Not to nitpick but I see this all the time. A higher numerical value = lower gear. 100:1 crawl ratio is lower than 50:1. I added lower (5.13) gears to my rubicon (factory 4.10 ratio). I know it’s semantics but this is confusing enough for most people without twisting terms around.
Thank you but yes it is semantics. The OP understands what I am saying.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I completely understand what he said and meant and I think most people do. I don’t see either way of stating it as incorrect. There are numerous ways to refer to gear ratios. Taller or shorter. Deeper or shallower. Bigger or smaller. Higher or lower. As long as good context is given, which he did in detail, there shouldn’t be confusion.

So yeah, it’s only semantics and not confusing at all. You seemed to understand it too.

AZRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I completely understand what he said and meant and I think most people do. I don’t see either way of stating it as incorrect. There are numerous ways to refer to gear ratios. Taller or shorter. Deeper or shallower. Bigger or smaller. Higher or lower. As long as good context is given, which he did in detail, there shouldn’t be confusion.

So yeah, it’s only semantics and not confusing at all. You seemed to understand it too.
Best tool I have found to determine what you have and what happens when you tweak: https://www.crawlpedia.com/calculators.htm

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation