First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
@Hothead Headliners Hi Mark. With the 2020 Wrangler now offering the Dark Saddle leather interior color option, will you be offering the Oak color for the JL in the future? I see that it’s available for the Gladiator, and from the photos on your website it looks like a close color match between the Oak and Dark Saddle leather. Thanks for the help!
HI,
we just added the Med Dark Oak to the JL headliner options. It is a great match for the Saddle Leather seats. That options in now available on our web site.
regards,
Mark
Oak 3.JPG
Sponsored

Volare

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Passat TDI, 2022 JLURD
To piggyback off this...do you think the gray or med/dark oak color would go better with the Sting-Gray and Tan cloth interior?
This is my question, having recently taken delivery of the Sting Gray with Tan Cloth Jeep. I'm hoping that maybe it has been definitively answered by now!

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Black and Saddle.jpg
This is my question, having recently taken delivery of the Sting Gray with Tan Cloth Jeep. I'm hoping that maybe it has been definitively answered by now!
Hi,
I believe you are referring to the Heritage Tan seats. With those I would only go with the Lt Beige or Black regardless of the outside paint color. If you have the new Saddle Leather seats you can do Med Dark Oak or Black. The Graphite or Grey may look okay but I would never recommend it. I wish we has some pics of different color headliners with Tan seats but we don't.
I hope that helps some.
Mark

Graphite and Saddle.jpg

Volare

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Passat TDI, 2022 JLURD
Yeah that's correct, the Heritage Tan cloth seats. I saw this question asked a lot when the Sting/tan color combo came out, but I never heard what folks decided to do, and I thought maybe there had been some sort of definitive conclusion reached like definitely don't do xxx. It seems like the Lt Beige is close but not exact, but maybe close enough?

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Yeah that's correct, the Heritage Tan cloth seats. I saw this question asked a lot when the Sting/tan color combo came out, but I never heard what folks decided to do, and I thought maybe there had been some sort of definitive conclusion reached like definitely don't do xxx. It seems like the Lt Beige is close but not exact, but maybe close enough?
This is as close as we could get. Those are the Leather seats. The cloth is a bit different in shading. Also, the headliner panels will look a little darker after installation because the will be in the shade.
111.jpg
222.jpg
333.jpg

444.jpg

555.jpg

Sponsored

jforse

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT Sport, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aerospace Quality Engineer
Does the smell ever go away with these? Mine has been in for two months and still smells awful.

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Does the smell ever go away with these? Mine has been in for two months and still smells awful.
HI,
I'm sorry if the headliners still have an odor. The smell that is from the glue and new headliner fabric should be gone in a week or two. Please contact me directly and we will figure our how you would like to move forward,
My cell: 714-872-2071 or [email protected]
regards,
Mark
Hothead Headliners

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
J, I'm just thinking outside the box here. Have you tried rolling the windows down, and parking your baby in the sun. That has seemed to help me in the past with that new car smell, and may help you with the head liners. I do know that it will help the double sided adhesive strips bond to the top.

Bombero19

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I bought the graphite color headliner with the sound assassin strips and side window panels. My first pleasant impression was opening the box, everything was very well packaged and organized, very professional. The installation instructions were clear and complete (not translated to engrish). Most pictures they posted are of the top off the Jeep, their instructions recommend not removing the top. I installed with top on Jeep and went fine.
The big reason to remove top for installation is to keep sanding dust out of the jeep.
I could instantly tell an improvement in sound in the Jeep. Now I can hear the road noise from the floor and doors.
Great company and product.

hothead2.jpg

hothead1.jpg

Last edited:

Enlightened_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to take a minute to introduce Hothead Headliners to the JL forum members even though I see there has already been a decent amount of talk about us on this forum. We are a small American company that takes pride in offering the best headliners we can make and even more pride in providing exceptional customer support. If you've been wondering about our headliners or some of the others we have some informative videos on our web site where I show how ours and others are constructed. It's so hard to tell exactly what your'e looking at from just a picture.
Here is a link to our web site: Hothead Headliners
If you have any questions please email or give us a call:
[email protected]
714-872-2071
best regards,
Mark
Jeep Wrangler JL Hothead Headliners hothead1

Don't like the fact you have to sand the your hardtop so these stick

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Don't like the fact you have to sand the your hardtop so these stick
Sanding your hard top sounds a bit intimidating to many. We don't instruct people to sand their hard top, rather lightly scuff with the included piece of high grit sand paper. Doing this is important to help with a better adhesion of the 3M VHB tape to your hard top. You won't damage your hard top or notice any marks with doing so.

Here's a quick [video] describing our Preparation Instructions regarding the scuffing. If you don't want to take your hard top off (we think installation is easier with it on), here's another quick [video] on how we Clean the Dust caused by the light scuffing. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected]

Enlightened_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
won't damage
Sanding your hard top sounds a bit intimidating to many. We don't instruct people to sand their hard top, rather lightly scuff with the included piece of high grit sand paper. Doing this is important to help with a better adhesion of the 3M VHB tape to your hard top. You won't damage your hard top or notice any marks with doing so.

Here's a quick [video] describing our Preparation Instructions regarding the scuffing. If you don't want to take your hard top off (we think installation is easier with it on), here's another quick [video] on how we Clean the Dust caused by the light scuffing. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected]
Thank you, I have read that a lot of dust falls into the seats, hair and self. I know you can wear protective gear though. My other question: you offer discounts to active duty, but not veterans. Is that something you will consider?

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Thank you, I have read that a lot of dust falls into the seats, hair and self. I know you can wear protective gear though. My other question: you offer discounts to active duty, but not veterans. Is that something you will consider?
We do offer Military discounts. We have both active service and veteran discounts that you can verify via GovX below or in your shopping cart.

https://hotheadheadliners.com/pages/military-discount

Thank you for your service and I hope you enjoy your new Jeep Headliner!

TLWiz

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
I just received mine and installed in 1 hour. Absolutely AMAZING product quality! I HIGHLY recommend getting one. 5 🌟 for sure!!

OP
OP
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
I just received mine and installed in 1 hour. Absolutely AMAZING product quality! I HIGHLY recommend getting one. 5 🌟 for sure!!
I'm so glad you're happy with your new Hothead Headliners, Thom. Thank you for your business!

-Mark
Sponsored