First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
84K on my 2.0 turbo etorque. Lots of highway miles. Three trips out west (from NC), and countless drives back and forth between our FL and NC homes. I'm intending to keep it for another year or two, so I suspect I'll be around 120-130k before I sell it.
Sponsored

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Its really amazing how you can have two Jeeps on the assembly line one after the other and the first one can have a myriad of problems and the one behind it is fine. How does that happen?

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Its really amazing how you can have two Jeeps on the assembly line one after the other and the first one can have a myriad of problems and the one behind it is fine. How does that happen?
That's what Quality Control is for. It's a problem for every single manufacturer ever...however it seems Stellantis is one of the few that either doesn't know how to solve it or just doesn't care. It's easy to see how they could just not care...it doesn't affect sales one bit. So where's the motivation?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it's during a shift change? Or one is loaded with options and one is base? Beats me...

DBjeepNY

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Over 50K. No major issues - replaced battery …

Sponsored

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
That's what Quality Control is for. It's a problem for every single manufacturer ever...however it seems Stellantis is one of the few that either doesn't know how to solve it or just doesn't care. It's easy to see how they could just not care...it doesn't affect sales one bit. So where's the motivation?
Cars are not "built" from scratch, they are assembled. A car plant just puts together parts from various other subs, hence the statistical occurence of issues. The dash, engine, paints, wiper/window motors were all put together at different stages, have a serial number. They may have been spot tested, sample tested, lot tested, or not even tested at all. It's a very interesting cloud of possibilities that are somewhat ameliorated by QC.

Unless you're Tesla and just slingshot vehicle to testers, I mean buyers.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Cars are not "built" from scratch, they are assembled. A car plant just puts together parts from various other subs, hence the statistical occurence of issues. The dash, engine, paints, wiper/window motors were all put together at different stages, have a serial number. They may have been spot tested, sample tested, lot tested, or not even tested at all. It's a very interesting cloud of possibilities that are somewhat ameliorated by QC.

Unless you're Tesla and just slingshot vehicle to testers, I mean buyers.
A lot of those parts depend on the final assembly QC and don't have QC processes of their own. This is pretty standard across the spectrum of automakers because the suppliers that supply the parts supply them to many different automakers, and all automakers have different requirements.

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
100500 now
Jeep Wrangler JL Highest mileage JL so far? C24C0454-C40D-43F9-93A9-5CE7BC0DAFA4