Akbill

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Ok so the conclusion is normal sound, confirmed also with Zautomotive.
Sponsored

First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.2l
I find this sorta interesting, I have a high pitched noise issue as well. I even took it in to the dealer to see if they could diagnose the problem, No one at the dealership service dept, was able to hear the noise that drives me mad. I can hear the noise over the engine noise at idle, tho it's easier to hear when the engine is off. I have also noticed that there are two slightly different high pitched noises, one can only be heard the last second after engine turns off, the other seems to be steady on anytime there is power on. I hear the noise coming from the center instrument panel screen. Does anyone else have this issue? I would think so as all other JLs on my local lot had the same issue, Many people may not have noticed this or don't have good hearing. The noise is electronic noise like what you had from the old CRT computer monitors,

Happy wheelin'

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 Sahara has a tone like sound after I shut it off, lasts about 10-15 seconds then shuts off, that I only notice when I am outside the jeep, I assume it is some sort of electronics delayed shut-off.

VdrumsRoland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sahara 3.6 Auto
I recorded it just so others can hear what this nightmare sounds like. I'm beginning to think this is to run off the wildlife, like those deer whistles.
:LOL:
Here's a link to the recording from within the engine bay. Nothing is running, only the the ignition is set to Run, no radio or A/C.
http://bit.ly/2KKO3gy

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
The "clicking" is normal.... Those are just relay switches... Sounds like its coming from the fuse box? And some squealing is normal... Usually the pumps or gearbox getting power

Sponsored

VdrumsRoland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sahara 3.6 Auto
The "clicking" is normal.... Those are just relay switches...
No clicking on mine until I actually start it which I know is normal because it’s like you said.

Sounds like its coming from the fuse box? And some squealing is normal... Usually the pumps or gearbox getting power
I should have mentioned, it’s louder on the drivers side but I can’t make out what’s making it.
Like it’s been mentioned before, it continues even while the engine is running. It can also be heard from inside the cab
When the ignition is on Acc it doesn’t do it, only to Run regardless of the engine running or not.
I’ll try to grab a video next.

VdrumsRoland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sahara 3.6 Auto
I just found this on another thread and thought I'd post it here. I'll go with this explanation and live with the "deer whistle" & "after burner" (fan). Thank you guys for the help!

Just had our JLUR in to the dealership today to have this same noise checked out and they told us the same thing, that it is the electronic throttle body and that its normal.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

I hear the same on 2021 JLUR manual and I don’t have any programming unit installed. I believe it comes like that from the factory.

yzyz

First Name
Yizhong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I find this sorta interesting, I have a high pitched noise issue as well. I even took it in to the dealer to see if they could diagnose the problem, No one at the dealership service dept, was able to hear the noise that drives me mad. I can hear the noise over the engine noise at idle, tho it's easier to hear when the engine is off. I have also noticed that there are two slightly different high pitched noises, one can only be heard the last second after engine turns off, the other seems to be steady on anytime there is power on. I hear the noise coming from the center instrument panel screen. Does anyone else have this issue? I would think so as all other JLs on my local lot had the same issue, Many people may not have noticed this or don't have good hearing. The noise is electronic noise like what you had from the old CRT computer monitors,

Happy wheelin'
Hi, did you get the issue resolved? I just got a 2020 sahara and I have exactly the same issue.

BigRed70

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Any updates on this issue? I have a 2020 Sahara and about ten times over the last year, I will prepare to start the vehicle and push the ignition button. The dash board lights up as per normal, but the engine DOES NOT turn over and a high pitched whir (almost electrical sounding) starts and lasts for approximately 10 - 15 seconds. During this time, I can push the ignition button but NOTHING happens, ie - the engine does not turn on, the noise doesn't stop. Diagnostic showed nothing wrong. Battery and alternator test good. I cannot replicate the sound. It just randomly happens. No one at Jeep seems to be able to figure out what is going on.

Sponsored

Max020

First Name
max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, YJ

Happy wheelin'

Max020

First Name
max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU, YJ

Happy wheelin'
Sponsored