Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
Considering I already own an engine crane, I've been looking at the Freedom Jack https://www.freedom-jack.com/ as a relatively inexpensive way to take the rear of my JL hardtop off (spoiler alert, the JL version of the product is being worked on now.)

My concern is that headliners--which I currently don't have but am thinking about, are usually made of soft material with air in it: air to trap sound and temperature barriers, and that material is often crushable.

Can anyone think of a good material, less apt to be crushed to make a headliner out of, or maybe a maker of headliners with materials less likely to be crushed by the fewer pressure points this device provides against the interior of the hard top than, say, the Top Lift Pro--which is great, but pricier.

Sure--you get what you pay for: I'm by no means putting down the Top Lift Pro. The Freedom Jack is designed to interface with the interior of the hard top differently because it allows the angle of the rear of the hardtop to change, with respect to the ground, and keep it stable, where the Top Lift Pro keeps this angle relatively static.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I created my own headliner for my JKUR and it made a huge difference in the summer, the AC didn't have to work nearly as hard and I think it provided some sound deadening. It consisted of Reflectix, R-Tech insulating foam bound together and covered with headliner material that I bought from a local upholstery shop. It was held to the roof by 3M automotive tape. I had it installed for 9 years before I sold it and it never fell, sagged or caused any issues.