Has anyone tried Exposed Racks?

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I got that for kayaks. I dont know if youll need that for surf boards. I needed the center and offset for my configuration, because I got the bars that con go on hardtop and without hardtop.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I asked them a while back about using it without the hardtop and they said you need the window trim pieces that are used for the soft top. Does yours work naked without the trim because I’d love to find a solution that didn’t involve padding my windshield and back bar every time.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I asked them a while back about using it without the hardtop and they said you need the window trim pieces that are used for the soft top. Does yours work naked without the trim because I’d love to find a solution that didn’t involve padding my windshield and back bar every time.
You are right. I didn't know this. I never tried installing them with the top off. Oh well.

Trail Ghost

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon recon
(215) 310-1917 I'd call them. Easier that way. :)

rolly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2DR
Looks great! What length/weight are your kayaks? I have a two door and two hobie compass fishing kayaks I'm hoping to transport with these racks. They're 12ft long, 34" wide, and about 75 lbs each.

Approx how big are your yaks?

Are you able to mount the front bar on the freedom panels for a little more spread?

Click in with kayak accesories and 2 kayaks. this is a really nice roof rack.

IMG_20210806_184302015_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

rolly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2DR
Does anyone know of a fishing rod holder that could be attached to the vertical click-in bars? so that the rods are stacked vertically, taking up minimal real estate on the crossbar?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Looks great! What length/weight are your kayaks? I have a two door and two hobie compass fishing kayaks I'm hoping to transport with these racks. They're 12ft long, 34" wide, and about 75 lbs each.

Approx how big are your yaks?

Are you able to mount the front bar on the freedom panels for a little more spread?
Yes you can mount the bar on the freedom panels for a little more spread. I know a lot of people do this when they carry long kayaks, but it is unnecessary and actually not the right way to do it unless you use 3 bars. 28 to 32inch spread between bars is the ticket, looks short, but that is really what it should be, with the widest part of the kayak in between the bars. Mine are at 30inches I believe.

My Prowler 13 fishing kayak is almost 14 feet, really long. But only weighs about 56 lbs I believe. Hobies are a bit heavier but you shouldn't have any issues carrying those.

The other kayak is recreational, small, I think 11 feet long maybe?.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Does anyone know of a fishing rod holder that could be attached to the vertical click-in bars? so that the rods are stacked vertically, taking up minimal real estate on the crossbar?
they sell an accessory to do this. I need to buy it.

Nathan08t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler sport S
Anyone have this for a 4D hardtop? I just got mine installed (the hard top 3 bar configuration).. Im a little worried about putting a rooftop tent on top with 2 people inside. Seems a little much for the hardtop but the website says it can handle it?

Trail Ghost

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon recon
Anyone have this for a 4D hardtop? I just got mine installed (the hard top 3 bar configuration).. Im a little worried about putting a rooftop tent on top with 2 people inside. Seems a little much for the hardtop but the website says it can handle it?
I use mine all the time. It has no issues with the weight. I think it holds 800 pounds static. I have a discount code too. Jeremyhedrick

Attachments

Sponsored

Nathan08t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler sport S
I use mine all the time. It has no issues with the weight. I think it holds 800 pounds static. I have a discount code too. Jeremyhedrick
Ya I used your code, thanks! You use yours with a rooftop tent?

Nathan08t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler sport S
awesome that makes me feel better, thank you! Also, how much of a lift do you have and what size tires are you running?

Nathan08t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler sport S
Last question.. I keep finding conflicting information. I saw the hard top has a weight limit around 150lbs? I keep reading everywhere how bad clipons are for racks, so how safe is this for a RTT + 2 people sleeping in it?
Sponsored