Harken Hoister

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Does anyone that's installed happen to have measurements? I have a 14' ceiling and don't have a ladder tall enough to reach. I'll be using scaffolding once Jeep is out of the way.

Figured worth a shot to ask before figuring out another solution...

TIA
Sponsored

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
Does anyone that's installed happen to have measurements? I have a 14' ceiling and don't have a ladder tall enough to reach. I'll be using scaffolding once Jeep is out of the way.

Figured worth a shot to ask before figuring out another solution...

TIA
Measurements for which part of it? I have a 11' ceiling and it works fine. I park headfirst so the top hangs over the hood with plenty of clearance. I will say this, if you're in a two vehicle garage, don't install it too close to the wall....you need a little bit of room to back in the Jeep and have room to maneuver between the Jeep and wall.

OP
OP
JWAustinVTX

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Measurements for which part of it? I have a 11' ceiling and it works fine. I park headfirst so the top hangs over the hood with plenty of clearance. I will say this, if you're in a two vehicle garage, don't install it too close to the wall....you need a little bit of room to back in the Jeep and have room to maneuver between the Jeep and wall.
Hi Jayteal,

Measurement distances for mounting the eyelets. From watching a few videos today and doesn't seem like it' has to be exact but just curios what has worked. I have the rafters running sideways calling for the 6' 2x4 and every diagram shows the 2x4 perfectly overlaying and no mention of additional trimming for exact measurements. Harken's support line says they are closed even during their normal posted business hours.

The wife is skeptical so don't want to give her any ammo :)

Thanks for the recommendation about the wall, I'll account for that.

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
Hi Jayteal,

Measurement distances for mounting the eyelets. From watching a few videos today and doesn't seem like it' has to be exact but just curios what has worked. I have the rafters running sideways calling for the 6' 2x4 and every diagram shows the 2x4 perfectly overlaying and no mention of additional trimming for exact measurements. Harken's support line says they are closed even during their normal posted business hours.

Thanks for the recommendation about the wall, I'll account for that.
So the eyelets should be directly above the lift points - basically the corners of the back of the hard top. I didn't cut my 2x6 boards and just left a little overlap. Hopefully the picture attached helps.

Harken.jpg

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Wow. Okay.

There are some instances where it’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission: this is one of those instances.

You have just got to pull her close, grab her booty, stare her right in the face, make eye contact, don’t blink, pinch that booty, tell her what’s going to happen, what you’re going to do and what’s about to happen with your project. And then you squeeze the plump cheek, lay down a sweet kiss, release the ass, pull away and then go off and git’er done. And you don’t ever look back. THAT’s how you do it. :CWL:

If it were me, that’s what I would do.

Seriously though back on topic...

With 14ft ceilings, you shouldn’t have ANY issues or trouble accomplishing what you’re trying to do. It’ll work.

PS - don’t fear your wife. Make your wife fear a divorce LOL

OP
OP
JWAustinVTX

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
So the eyelets should be directly above the lift points - basically the corners of the back of the hard top. I didn't cut my 2x6 boards and just left a little overlap. Hopefully the picture attached helps.

Harken.jpg
Jayteal, thanks again and yes the pic does help. How much overlap? Can you take a pic from directly behind the Jeep?
Sponsored