Topsy Hooks and Harken Hoister

shuttergirl

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Anyone with the Harken Hoister... is it possible to buy the Topsy hooks and attach the Harken Hoister to it?

For those of you with the Harken Hoister, is there any issues with the back window seal with the belt pressing against it?
Sponsored

RubiRedToni

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon
Yes, I've seen people use the Topsy brackets with a Harken Hoist. It will take a bit to get the Harken ropes the correct length to be level, but after that it's cake. Plus you won't have to worry about the rear window seal getting crushed.

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with the Harken Hoister... is it possible to buy the Topsy hooks and attach the Harken Hoister to it?

For those of you with the Harken Hoister, is there any issues with the back window seal with the belt pressing against it?
I used the topsy and harken together. As mentioned you just need to adjust the ropes. I also used web loop straps tied to the harken ropes and tactical clips to secure to the topsy brackets.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase

I have both the Harken Hoister and Topsy brackets, I picked up a couple of carabiners at HomeDepot, and it works great.
I just didn't like the straps going across the back window seal, and I wanted the back window down, can go a little higher too!

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
As above, thatā€™s what I did. A little work to level it out, then hoisted it up no problem. I have my hardtop sitting on a rack I made, but still hooked to the Harken in case something went sideways with my rack.
Jeep Wrangler JL Topsy Hooks and Harken Hoister 163ED15A-54C0-4C4D-AFE6-BB4DDD9C4782

Jeep Wrangler JL Topsy Hooks and Harken Hoister 41F57CE6-D022-4FD0-AFF4-E715575E8EAC

Sponsored

OP
OP

shuttergirl

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
As above, thatā€™s what I did. A little work to level it out, then hoisted it up no problem. I have my hardtop sitting on a rack I made, but still hooked to the Harken in case something went sideways with my rack.
Jeep Wrangler JL Topsy Hooks and Harken Hoister 41F57CE6-D022-4FD0-AFF4-E715575E8EAC

WOW, thank you for the visual. It's helpful So once you lift your top, you slide the 2x4s underneath and hook them up for more security?

OP
OP

shuttergirl

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I used the topsy and harken together. As mentioned you just need to adjust the ropes. I also used web loop straps tied to the harken ropes and tactical clips to secure to the topsy brackets.
Thank you. Any chance you can take a pic of the web loop straps tied to the harken ropes? Just trying to get a visual to set this up. I appreciate it.

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
Yes. I made a rack out of a couple of 2x4ā€™s and a little plywood bolted together. After the top is hoisted, the rack is ratchet strapped up and takes the weight of the top. There is a place to store the freedom panels on the rack.
Jeep Wrangler JL Topsy Hooks and Harken Hoister A65DCE3F-40FE-4861-B963-C0DD04498B93

Jeep Wrangler JL Topsy Hooks and Harken Hoister AEA5F851-AC8F-4A2E-BA03-15E3765930D5

OP
OP

shuttergirl

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Thank you everyone! The Harken Hoister with Topsy Hooks is a success!

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Not to resurrect an old thread but... @shuttergirl do you have some pictures of your harken hoist and topsy hooks? I'm curious to see another example of this set up!

Sponsored

OP
OP

shuttergirl

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Not to resurrect an old thread but... @shuttergirl do you have some pictures of your harken hoist and topsy hooks? I'm curious to see another example of this set up!
Sorry, almost a year later and seeing this. Did you still need pictures? My setup isnā€™t fancy. I have the Harken Hoist and itā€™s held up well.

travis_cooper

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude
Iā€™m curious to see pictures. Iā€™m considering this combination. In the instructions for the hoist it tells you to put the anchor points 2ā€ wider on both sides. Iā€™m wondering if you still did that with the topsy hooks or if you just did them directly above. Iā€™m probably going to be installing mine before my Jeep actually comes, so any details would be appreciated.
Sponsored