Sponsored

Hardtop headliner

Hardtop headliner. Actually worth it? Make a difference?

• Total voters

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Short and sweet. The most likely headliner owner to be disappointed is the one that buys it primarily for noise reduction.

I'm not saying they don't help in this area, but rather that this product "cuts its teeth" at keeping heat out.

Conversely, those who acquire the product for heat reduction are most likely to demonstrate satisfaction.
I noticed a difference in noise between my Sahara (with factory headliner) and Rubicon ( without headliner). Still I know with the liner, there will be lots of noise.
Sponsored

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
Most importantly, do either allow me to affix velcro patches to them?

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Most importantly, do either allow me to affix velcro patches to them?
Velcro patches stick to the Hothead Headliners very good.
Mark
Velcro patches.jpg

Goblin42

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
does anyone know what material is used for this ? or is it just high density foam and fabric ?

Sponsored

FLECK-5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Like Mark Ambrose said, the Hothead name reflects the fact they are designed to reduce the heat. With him living in California, he doesn’t have to worry about the freezing cold like we do here in Pennsylvania. I bought his headliners for my JK because I could feel the cold pouring onto my head when it was below freezing. I didn’t want to wear a winter hat when I drove my Jeep, so I bought the Hothead headliners to keep my head from freezing. The liners definitely help with road noise too. I am sure they help with heat in the summer too, but my hard top is sitting in storage all summer long while the soft top is on.

After I bought my JL, I ordered a Hothead liner the same week. I wouldn’t own a hard top without one.

I keep seeing comments that the factory headliners are similar in price to the Hothead liners but the factory liners don’t include the middle liners so the Hothead liners give you more for your money. I think the hothead liners are a better design too compared to the factory ones.