2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Screenshot_20190714-151353_eBay.jpg
Another option

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
Plus 1 on the Garmin inreach. I subscribe during hunting season and give a couple co workers the link and when I plan to be back. If I'm late they have my latest location. If i get injured as long as I can flip the cap and hit it I can call sos for search and rescue.

Cheap insurance when you are hunting alone 20+ miles from the nearest house.

Now if they would just make an inreach that works with OnX maps so I don't have to carry two devices.

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
Plus 1 on the Garmin inreach. I subscribe during hunting season and give a couple co workers the link and when I plan to be back. If I'm late they have my latest location. If i get injured as long as I can flip the cap and hit it I can call sos for search and rescue.

Now if they would just make an inreach that works with OnX maps so I don't have to carry two devices.
My dude. Are you a Rokslider, by chance?

bruno747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Recon 2dr 6spd
My dude. Are you a Rokslider, by chance?
No sir, but looks like an interesting forum. Might start perusing it. Kinda unsure what this hunting season is gonna look like. Didn't get any lottery tags so all over the counter this year.

Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Hi, here in Canada the sale of CB radios is regulated and so I hope to pick up some type of small size radio device in the US and honestly I am not sure where to start and what to get. I may be traveling along some routes where there is poor cell signal coverage and I think a little handheld radio could be somehow useful to carry along for the trip. I certainly am not interested in the bulky truck driver style CB radio but just a little one with a scanner, AM / FM and an option for emergency calls. And yes I do not wish to spend too many $$$ , after I bought the Jeep the few $$ are at the bottom of my boots.
I have the Cobra handheld it also has the weather channels with ch9 you can 12v it or put batteries in it I added the handheld mic that is the speaker too it does what I need it to do so I'm happy .

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I’ve heard that after September the FCC is gonna make the Boafeng UV5R ham radios illegal in the US as well. The reason is they have frequencies that are not ham radio frequencies. They are commercial frequencies and you’re not allowed to operate on those frequencies. I’m a Licensed ham but I use mine as a scanner for the Amtrak trains as well. Broadcasting on those frequencies would be a big no-no. They are like $35 apiece, so get yours now. It’s a cheap radio, it’s from China, so buy several. If they break their not worth fixing.

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Pretty new to the market, a personal locator beacon with GPS without a subscription. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

97E40F28-8A41-4956-AA29-E360A4389839.jpeg

owltown

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2L turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Baofeng hand held is wonderful. Use them off-roading quite often and it’s rather cheap. And you can get kit
You do know there is a license required by international law to use them in the US and in Canada. It is call an Amateur Radio License.
Sponsored