Nerd

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I use those on my tube doors, works like a charm.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Found a set of rears with twill uppers for $500, so I snagged them. I’ll need to get them painted, but for the price I figured I couldn’t pass it up. Just need to find a 2 door owner that doesn’t want theirs.

EE4FAA93-B4E0-4765-8D03-C6D54AA89EE6.jpeg

96B65126-648F-4E6A-82F4-CF5BD581A642.jpeg

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
thanks. I figured it was a bit irrelevant anyway since the uppers could be just cut or bent to get in, but figured I’d ask.

as for theft of the doors...they bolt in through the hinges like the full doors, right? Could always get something like this.
I was thinking about this a bit.... What's to stop someone from removing the bolts attaching the hinges to the door? Especially on the half doors, they're not even painted in place. Need a keyed hinge-to-door bolt as well.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I was thinking about this a bit.... What's to stop someone from removing the bolts attaching the hinges to the door? Especially on the half doors, they're not even painted in place. Need a keyed hinge-to-door bolt as well.
I've never seen or heard of this. Sure, it's possible, but needs what like 6 bolts per door?

Also - if you want a set of half doors for your 4-door bad enough, there's a black set on eBay for $6900 w/ uppers. :CWL:

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I'm not sure I'm reading you correctly, but are you suggesting someone could steal your doors if they just removed the hinge bolts? if the door is locked, the striker and the latch are captured, they would have to break or do some destructive entry to remove the striker from the B-pillar.

The Jeep keys are not hard to pick, there are tools one can buy for sub $50 and with a little practice could easily just unlock your door and take it the way you install them. Or just cut or unzip the vinyl window and reach in and push the "unlock" button on the door to unlock the jeep and steal the doors

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I'm not sure I'm reading you correctly, but are you suggesting someone could steal your doors if they just removed the hinge bolts? if the door is locked, the striker and the latch are captured, they would have to break or do some destructive entry to remove the striker from the B-pillar.

The Jeep keys are not hard to pick, there are tools one can buy for sub $50 and with a little practice could easily just unlock your door and take it the way you install them. Or just cut or unzip the vinyl window and reach in and push the "unlock" button on the door to unlock the jeep and steal the doors
The bolts I'm talking about are right there on the face of the hinge on the outside of the Jeep. They're "painted in place" on the full doors (though still removable), but on the half doors, they aren't painted, since the doors aren't adjusted from the factory. As you said, it would be trivial to unlock the door by using the interior handle to release the door latch - so locking the door is pointless. There is no door check, so you couldn't put a keyed bolt there. So you'd have to put one keyed bolt on the face of at least one hinge which also has a keyed nut on the pin. Those hinge face bolts use the same Jeep toolkit Torx bit as the pins. They aren't a standard shape though (they're like an acorn/lug type bolt), so a keyed one would have to be manufactured specifically for that purpose.

MannyB

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I found a front pair and got them all painted. My girlfriend thinks I’m ridiculous for everything I went through to get these here and painted. She may be right this time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Half Doors BAD8CA3F-0D2B-4F18-8DA6-C32CF5AB7DDA
Been looking high and low and still can't find any near me. Congrats though!

As long as you keep looking back as you walk away from your jeep...then it's still worth it haha

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Been looking high and low and still can't find any near me. Congrats though!

As long as you keep looking back as you walk away from your jeep...then it's still worth it haha
set a Facebook marketplace and eBay notification for “JL half door” search. They pop up every now and then. Good luck!

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
With how hard jeep is making it to get these damn things, I may just hold out for core doors.

This is ridiculous.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With how hard jeep is making it to get these damn things, I may just hold out for core doors.

This is ridiculous.
good luck. That was my plan until they posted here that they have stopped development of them for the JLs for now.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Well damn, I missed that.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Any more info on half doors here?

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Any more info on half doors here?
Quadratec has the complete parts list up on their website for the front and rear doors. That is the best I have found part number wise if someone wanted to piece them together. It's on my short list of purchases but I would rather a complete kit that I don't have to source the parts.
Sponsored