First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
@FunWagon do you have any issues with your uppers flexing outward at speeds over 50mph? Mine are terrible! I have resorted to using bungee cords stretched across the top portion holding the top of the uppers tighter. Dealership took a look at it and their response was to “reinstall the full doors for a better seal”. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
@FunWagon do you have any issues with your uppers flexing outward at speeds over 50mph? Mine are terrible! I have resorted to using bungee cords stretched across the top portion holding the top of the uppers tighter. Dealership took a look at it and their response was to “reinstall the full doors for a better seal”. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Wow… I don’t know… haven’t noticed… will try to pay attention next time… is it something very noticeable or you really have to pay attention. Sucks. I guess you tried adjusting the legs of the uppers. I haven’t.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Wow… I don’t know… haven’t noticed… will try to pay attention next time… is it something very noticeable or you really have to pay attention. Sucks. I guess you tried adjusting the legs of the uppers. I haven’t.
Yes extremely noticeable, and yes I tried to adjust the legs. Adjustment made zero difference and actually there was little room to adjust. The two fronts were nearly at the end of their adjustment already.

Couple pics from a video I did. The one pic is closed the other is as it flaps in the wind and shows how far it will open at ~65mph. Faster you go the worse it gets.
Jeep Wrangler JL Half doors review 6F6E9132-4908-4E71-8CBA-DF8C233BD211
Jeep Wrangler JL Half doors review B8DFD9D3-EB51-42CF-BB64-CA999F23DF74

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Yes extremely noticeable, and yes I tried to adjust the legs. Adjustment made zero difference and actually there was little room to adjust. The two fronts were nearly at the end of their adjustment already.

Couple pics from a video I did. The one pic is closed the other is as it flaps in the wind and shows how far it will open at ~65mph. Faster you go the worse it gets.
Wow… could it be alignment of the doors themselves to the hinges? Is the latch centered on the catch thingy?

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Wow… could it be alignment of the doors themselves to the hinges? Is the latch centered on the catch thingy?
The hinges are good. Matter of fact I only had to adjust one of the doors right out of the box. My uppers have a wobble to them when installed. I blame it on the poor design.

I mean who thought it would be a good design to slide a plastic piece into a square hole with sharp edges. Also why didn’t they make those square channels in the door adjustable. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
The hinges are good. Matter of fact I only had to adjust one of the doors right out of the box. My uppers have a wobble to them when installed. I blame it on the poor design.

I mean who thought it would be a good design to slide a plastic piece into a square hole with sharp edges. Also why didn’t they make those square channels in the door adjustable. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sounds like you tried adjusting the screws in those legs, but I’m thinking that is still your best bet.

Your gap is so big that maybe you maximized legs position in opposite direction.

I know for me, attempting to mess with legs of only one upper, it hurt my brain and was very confusing how to work them properly and I’m a decent engineer. I ended up scratching the metal holes they go into, so avoided even attempting to adjust other doors which work fine but look like they stick outward a bit.

There isn’t a way I see to ensure both legs point in the same angle or having fine predictable control of angle.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Sounds like you tried adjusting the screws in those legs, but I’m thinking that is still your best bet.

Your gap is so big that maybe you maximized legs position in opposite direction.

I know for me, attempting to mess with legs of only one upper, it hurt my brain and was very confusing how to work them properly and I’m a decent engineer. I ended up scratching the metal holes they go into, so avoided even attempting to adjust other doors which work fine but look like they stick outward a bit.

There isn’t a way I see to ensure both legs point in the same angle or having fine predictable control of angle.
Yeah, it took my brain a few seconds to process how they had that set up. It’s actually pretty simple once you get your mind wrapped around it. However, they just don’t have enough adjustment to correct the issue. I noticed on one of the doors the sharp edge of the door receptacle shaved off some of the plastic on one of the uppers. Such a great design; although to be honest other than the legs they are nice uppers.
Sponsored