Grille Inserts for JL Sport

JLman1959

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sport S
Hello group.. We have just purchased are first new Jeep ever and it’s a 2018 Wrangler JL Sport S and was wonder if the silver grille inserts that are on the Sahara and Rubicon snap into place or have adhesive tape on back side to hold on, a ours has the black mess type grille already from factory but would like the looks of the Sahara. Thanks
Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
My understanding is the Rubicon and Sahara grilles unique and different from the Sports to accommodate the inserts and the Sport grilles will not accept those inserts as is.

OP
OP

JLman1959

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sport S
That must mean you have to buy the whole grille assembly in order to have them, allfront grille attaching point will be the same just have to replace the sport with a Sahara/Rubicon Grille assembly,it does look much nicer.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
That must mean you have to buy the whole grille assembly in order to have them, allfront grille attaching point will be the same just have to replace the sport with a Sahara/Rubicon Grille assembly,it does look much nicer.
I was in the same boat as you on my Sport initially thinking the inserts would be plug and play. I read on another thread that mentioned it was not as so.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Hello group.. We have just purchased are first new Jeep ever and it’s a 2018 Wrangler JL Sport S and was wonder if the silver grille inserts that are on the Sahara and Rubicon snap into place or have adhesive tape on back side to hold on, a ours has the black mess type grille already from factory but would like the looks of the Sahara. Thanks
The Rubicon/Sahara grilles are different. Unfortunately, the inserts are not compatible with the Sport grille.

Sponsored

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Saw a guy in Instagram with inserts on his sport. He told me he got them off eBay and I ended up finding them. They are adhesive. Just go on eBay and type: 2018 Wrangler JL inserts

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
If you want the same setup as the Saharas, it’s a whole new grill. There are several clips that attach plates to the back of them (not really inserts per se). It’s several parts attached together vs just pop in parts like the JK.

The stuff on eBay is similar to the JK type. It’s a cheap fix, but the JL stuff is much nicer fit and trim. But you pay for it.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)

Sponsored

jpb

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Soon 2019 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Ooo that’s exactly why I’m trying to do. I tried looking up kogan but no user named that?

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Ooo that’s exactly why I’m trying to do. I tried looking up kogan but no user named that?
It's KOGAR

Jeep 5150 2112

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl 2018
I decided to go the route of one of these under the sun grill inserts and couldn’t be happier

35BA9C1D-0096-4AFA-A8E5-3D74AB989FE3.jpeg
I was looking at those very nice but will that void my warranty due to the possibility of air flow restriction?

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at those very nice but will that void my warranty due to the possibility of air flow restriction?
Can't void your warranty if you swap it back before having it serviced. Also, it just shouldn't void your warranty in general. The dealer would have to prove that this device is what caused the failure.
Sponsored