Sponsored

Gorilla Glass

LostSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
future JLUR
Good news that OutlawBeard was able to order the glass for his Rubi.
my question - Is Gorilla glass tint-able?
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Is Gorilla Glass an option for Rubicon? Was.anyone able to add it to the already placed order?
I was able to add it to my Rubicon order, but it was placed with it from the beginning. depending on your build status once the order is placed you may be able to add. I think if you catch it before vin and an assigned build date you are ok. (I made changes to another order for one of my other JLURs.)

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I was able to add it to my Rubicon order, but it was placed with it from the beginning. depending on your build status once the order is placed you may be able to add. I think if you catch it before vin and an assigned build date you are ok. (I made changes to another order for one of my other JLURs.)
Yeah, sent an email to the dealer..waiting to hear back from him..the order was placed on 5/4 and he gave me a VIN the same day..not sure which status it is in now

OP
OP
OutlawBeard

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Yeah, sent an email to the dealer..waiting to hear back from him..the order was placed on 5/4 and he gave me a VIN the same day..not sure which status it is in now
if you have a VIN you won't be able to change it, getting a VIN same day isn't unheard of but I wonder if you actually got your VON, I made my order and was able to add gorilla glass 3 days later, and then like 3 days after that I went to D status and had a VIN

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure it was a VIN and not a VON? Same day VIN is not real common, and right now they are running about a week on the low side. It also used to be a VIN was locked in for a build, but a few people with 392s were given a VIN but still pushed off to 2022. I think the old rules are out the window right now due to parts / chip shortages. If you did get a VIN same day thats awesome and hopefully others that placed an order in the last week or so will get ours sooner than later. Let everyone know what you find out.

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Are you sure it was a VIN and not a VON? Same day VIN is not real common, and right now they are running about a week on the low side. It also used to be a VIN was locked in for a build, but a few people with 392s were given a VIN but still pushed off to 2022. I think the old rules are out the window right now due to parts / chip shortages. If you did get a VIN same day thats awesome and hopefully others that placed an order in the last week or so will get ours sooner than later. Let everyone know what you find out.
Not sure guys, dealer placed the order on 5/4 afternoon and responded with a VIN number on the 7th...it's a reputable high volume dealer from here....I will find out more on Monday and keep y'all posted...crypto doesn't return any Build or window sticker yet though...hoping that I can get the Gorilla Glass added without any complications :)

OP
OP
OutlawBeard

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Not sure guys, dealer placed the order on 5/4 afternoon and responded with a VIN number on the 7th...it's a reputable high volume dealer from here....I will find out more on Monday and keep y'all posted...crypto doesn't return any Build or window sticker yet though...hoping that I can get the Gorilla Glass added without any complications :)
ah, you originally said you got VIN same day..

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
Man, this is totally something I would spend the $95 for. I'm too late though, my 21 JLR is being delivered in the next few weeks. I'd have to re-order to get it as an option.

Sponsored

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
Was told by dealership this morning that the gorilla glass option is delaying my order moving from D to D1 for at least 1-2 weeks…😕

Jeep chat had nothing to say about it. Big surprise…

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Was told by dealership this morning that the gorilla glass option is delaying my order moving from D to D1 for at least 1-2 weeks…😕

I have Gorilla glass and hardtop headliner. both have been rumored to cause a delay. I am not sure ill ever move from D.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR

I ordered gorilla as well and have been in D status for ~2 weeks now so this would make sense.

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
how will you be able to tell the gorilla glass from just a normal glass install?

MikeLSV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
how will you be able to tell the gorilla glass from just a normal glass install?
There is a gorilla logo on it. Hard to miss! There is another thread with a pic - saw it earlier.
Sponsored