Sponsored

Gorilla Glass and Advanced Safety Group Compatible?

bravoitssarah

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon (on order)
Hi everyone! I’ve been seeing some rumors on Facebook groups that the Gorilla Glass will cause the front collision in the advanced safety group to not work. Has anyone heard or can confirm/deny this? I ordered both on my Rubi 4xe order and hope I didn’t screw up my build :(

thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

Hi everyone! I’ve been seeming some rumors on Facebook groups that the Gorilla Glass will cause the front collision in the advanced safety group to not work. Has anyone heard or can confirm/deny this? I ordered both on my Rubi 4xe order and hope I didn’t screw up my build :(

thanks in advance!
I don’t feel like they would let you build the two together if it was an issue…

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I have that combination too.
Me too.
I have not heard that rumor and unless Jeep says so, I don't believe it.
There is also some people who have had GG aftermarket on their JL and they did not seem to have issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bravoitssarah

bravoitssarah

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon (on order)
I don’t feel like they would let you build the two together if it was an issue…
That’s what I was thinking too, but one guy on Facebook said his dealer said ASG wouldn’t work with GG so who knows. Just wanted to pop on here to see if anyone knew for sure!

OP
OP
bravoitssarah

bravoitssarah

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon (on order)
Me too.
I have not heard that rumor and unless Jeep says so, I don't believe it.
There is also some people who have had GG aftermarket on their JL and they did not seem to have issues.
Good to know. Yeah, according to Jeep chat my build is about to enter assembly so I figured everything was okay with my build the way it is.

CBR2200

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I have both in my order placed on 5/31, chat says parts are ready as of Tuesday. We'll see.

Are there any confirmed built?

OP
OP
bravoitssarah

bravoitssarah

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon (on order)
I have both in my order placed on 5/31, chat says parts are ready as of Tuesday. We'll see.

Are there any confirmed built?
Not that I know of yet, but I would imagine they’ll start sometime next week? My ship date per my dealer is 7/24. Fingers crossed!

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I remember reading this too. I have a '21 JLU with the advanced safety system, so I couldn't order it with the vehicle. But looking at aftermarket options, it looks like the glass has a few options, one of them being the advanced safety feature and the other is an acoustic feature. I think Safelite was where I saw this originally.

There's also another manufacturer of it that, as you walk through the replacement wizard, if you have the ASG, it's "coming soon".

https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/shop-windshields/

Sponsored

OP
OP
bravoitssarah

bravoitssarah

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon (on order)
I remember reading this too. I have a '21 JLU with the advanced safety system, so I couldn't order it with the vehicle. But looking at aftermarket options, it looks like the glass has a few options, one of them being the advanced safety feature and the other is an acoustic feature. I think Safelite was where I saw this originally.

There's also another manufacturer of it that, as you walk through the replacement wizard, if you have the ASG, it's "coming soon".

https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/shop-windshields/
Ahh interesting! Thanks for the info. The Gorilla Glass has been delaying orders, and mine finally is about to start assembly, (ordered 5/28) so maybe they were waiting to get the ASG type? Otherwise I would hope Jeep would inform me that they can’t do GG with my ASG option. So I’m staying hopeful!

AlternateLaw

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUS, 2019 JLUR, 2021 JLUR 4xe (ordered)
I have one on order as well - 06/10/21 - I would just feel better if I could see the windshield available for purchase aftermarket for the advanced safety group. As far as I know this will be the first application of the gorilla glass made for the advanced safety group so hopefully there are no issues. According to Jeep Chat all parts are available as of today and it's ready to be scheduled. It's encouraging to see some of you further along in the process with an actual build date.

AlternateLaw

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUS, 2019 JLUR, 2021 JLUR 4xe (ordered)
Also, are the Gorilla Glass windshields considered Acoustic? I know they are thinner and lighter so that may seem to imply a decrease in acoustic performance? Anyone have any info on that?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Also, are the Gorilla Glass windshields considered Acoustic? I know they are thinner and lighter so that may seem to imply a decrease in acoustic performance? Anyone have any info on that?
I think it's the same insulating layer, just the cabin side of the glass is swapped to GG instead of Soda-Lime like normal.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass and Advanced Safety Group Compatible? 1625781199631

dug4xe

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JLUR 4xe
JLUR 4xe ordered 6/12/2021 with Advanced Safety Group and Gorilla Glass...still in D as of today.
Sponsored