Sponsored

Gorilla Glass Installed

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Found a place in Denver that had the glass in stock. It is a couple of hundred dollars more than the OEM option. Cost around $1.000 total for glass and installation. I probably could have put a non OEM windshield in for half of that. Hopefully, the Gorilla glass proves it’s worth against the constant barrage of rocks being flung up here in Colorado. The nice thing about the Gorilla is that it still has all of the factory dots and black outs around the glass. Even has the Mopar badge.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Installed 276DB0EB-444F-4647-9683-2FA3B8EE54BE
Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Found a place in Denver that had the glass in stock. It is a couple of hundred dollars more than the OEM option. Cost around $1.000 total for glass and installation. I probably could have put a non OEM windshield in for half of that. Hopefully, the Gorilla glass proves it’s worth against the constant barrage of rocks being flung up here in Colorado. The nice thing about the Gorilla is that it still has all of the factory dots and black outs around the glass. Even has the Mopar badge.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Installed 276DB0EB-444F-4647-9683-2FA3B8EE54BE
Where is the Mopar badge? Also, does it have the Jeep Easter egg on the bottom passenger side?

OP
OP
JeepinJason33

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Keep us posted on how well it works...
Hopefully, the rock God's will watch out for me. Prior to my lift, I was getting at least one chip per week. I am hoping the extra height is keeping some of the rocks from making it to the windshield. The start of summer has helped as well, less snow and crap on the road.

I am sure it will come up, I can't get windshield coverage with my insurance company (USAA) here in Colorado. We have been here for nearly 5 years and own 6 vehicles, in that time I have replaced 8 windshield's besides this one. The difference in the other windshields is that they were fairly big rocks that caused the breakage. The other vehicles did a better job of deflecting and minimizing the constant smaller rocks than the JLUR. Even my TJ held up much better.

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Installed 8E431E4E-3DEF-450C-92D2-D2B3550EF95A
I am going to get this as well. Should have a 2 year warranty with it.
Sponsored