Good deal on Cooper Evolution MT?

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Cooper EVOLUTION M/T All-Season LT295/70R17 121/118Q Tire
$181 each, shipped.

This seems like a very good deal to me in the size I want. Am I missing anything?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amazon has the 35's for $195 + tax each, shipped. I'm looking to pull the trigger on these but I haven't read enough reviews yet.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RZGFL24/
The reviews I’ve read (not all Jeep) are almost all favorable. The Evolutions appear to have been created to compete with some of the other cheaper offerings such as Milestar. Unlike their pricier siblings they seem to lack some of the higher end features such as extra sidewalk reinforcements; however they seem to be a higher grade than some of the other cheaper options. They also are reputed to run very quietly and have good all around grip. They’re not 3PMS but they are siped and studable.

I think for the price and the fact that I don’t do heavy off road I’m going to go with them.

p.s. I should’ve specified that I found them cheap on Walmart.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
They seem like an excellent choice for the price, and since they are a very new tire they probably have some nice current tire technology features such as the newest rubber compound tech (for longer life, better grip, and quiet running). And Coopers are one of the best off road tire manufacturers and made in USA :)

Look forward to your reviews if you end up getting them

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered. I should have them delivered and mounted in a couple of weeks. I’ll post some initial reactions after a few days with them.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Ordered. I should have them delivered and mounted in a couple of weeks. I’ll post some initial reactions after a few days with them.
Looking forward to it!

426 smartin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2015 JK

DaveKight

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon / 2022 JLUR 4XE (On Order)
Occupation
Lawyer
If you buy them on Amazon, do you also add TPMS? Where do you get them installed?

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you buy them on Amazon, do you also add TPMS? Where do you get them installed?
TPMS stays with the wheel, not the tire. If you need it it’s a separate purchase. Any tire shop can do the mounting and balancing. I’m living in a place with limited services during the pandemic but in most places you can actually go to the Walmart or a Discount Tire or any place like that.

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received and mounted. Walmart was great. I’ve done only maybe 20 miles, mostly on paved roads (quick jaunt up to highway speeds) and a little bit on unpaved dirt roads. So far they seem to be much quieter. Their manners on the road are good and no issues with the steering (even though I went up in size). I’ll post an update as I put more miles on and as I drive in different weather conditions and more off road.