Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Executive
Vehicle Showcase
i am changing tires again.....I am debating between the 37x13.50’s MT MTZ’s and STT Pro’s. Can anyone give me your personal experiences with either?
Sponsored

Last edited:

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
i am changing tires again.....I am debating between the 37x13.50’s MT MTZ’s and STT Pro’s. Can anyone give me your personal experiences with either?
I have been getting cupping on my STT pro’s. Have about 15,000 on them and not very happy recently. On road they are getting louder and a little bumpy now. ( still better then most other Jeeps I have driven). At first they were amazing. They are still great off road and stick to everything. I have had them rotated 3 times. Checked balance and even put a lift on my Jeep with fox shocks and better springs. Still love my rig but a little let down on the life span of my coopers. Always run around 32-33 psi. Have had my whole suspension looked at and retorqued on 3 different occasions and always told that everything looks great. Have had 2 alignments as well. Just my 2 cents. :)

Last edited:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Both tires are made by Cooper so you will most likely have a similar experience with either. There is also the Mastercraft MXT which is made by Cooper. It is a great tire minus winter driving. None of them will be great on ice.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I ran a set of mtz’s in my yj. Probably put 10k miles on them over 8 years. The vast majority of that was spent on trails or short trips around town. The yj had Detroit lockers and the tires held up great. They’d probably go 35-40k at the very least.

On the trail, they were great. Never had traction issues on our slippery granite and slick rock. They performed well in the mud. For a mud terrain, they were very quiet. No issues with balance or odd wear.

Whenever I get around to lifting my New Jeep, I’ll be considering the mtz again, mtr’s, or km3’s.
Sponsored