MFarmz

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0L
Well this is all finished up.

I did the work with basic tools, and buying a few spacers. The front shocks bolt directly on, no problems.

The rears take a little more work. The hole size is larger for the JT rear. The JT has 14mm upper and lower mount bolt holes. At first, I thought no big deal, just press out the sleeves and get a set like the fronts. This is a bigger deal as FCA spec’s out their own mounts not FOX. That and the sleeves are bounded to the rubber, no pressing them out and replacing. Not easily anyways.

With that in mind I went with drilling out the uppers with a 16mm drill. This lets the Accutune spacers fit. I then had to grind down the width a ¼ to fit the frame mount side. For the lower, I just filled with good old JB weld and re-drilled the hole to 13mm ( 15/32 ) a little smaller.

After this they are a bolt in.

How do they ride……

They are soft for sure. Lots of brake dive and acceleration lift. Side to side sway. I have not used them off road yet, to see if they have a high speed rate that firms up? If you are looking for a softer ride then stock JL these will do it.

JT JBweld.jpg

JTfrontmounted.jpg

JTJLfront .jpg

JTJLrear.jpg

JTrearmounted.jpg

JTupperreardrill.jpg
I know this is old, but do you have a part number for the Accutune spacer you used?
Sponsored

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I know this is old, but do you have a part number for the Accutune spacer you used?
Here are the Fox and Mopar part numbers....

Mojave Shocks in JLU:
(2) Fox Part # 014-11-044 Front Upper (M12 Bolt) - $4.35 each

(2) Mopar Part # 68274895AA Rear Upper (M12 Bolt) - $10.94 each

MFarmz

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0L
Here are the Fox and Mopar part numbers....

Mojave Shocks in JLU:
(2) Fox Part # 014-11-044 Front Upper (M12 Bolt) - $4.35 each

(2) Mopar Part # 68274895AA Rear Upper (M12 Bolt) - $10.94 each
Sorry, I'm looking to mount JT Rubicon fox take offs on my JLUR.

Are those still the same corresponding parts?

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
You will need those top rear busings. As far as the bottom shocks bushings go, it is easiest to open the rear bottom hole up to 14mm, instead of putting the 12mm bushings in. The hole is already 13mm...

The front shocks are the same for the JT Rubicon and JLU.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
@MFarmz
If your JLU is lifted at all you will need to run shock extensions. That makes it easier. You can get shock extension for thr JLU and only drill out the holes on the rear extensions that the shock bolt goes into. You don't actually have to drill out the shock mount on rear. And you only need to change the Top bushings.
I lifted my wife's JLU High-Tide and put my Mojave socks on it. I lifted it 1" plus it has a 1.5" from the factory. I had to use the Metelcloak rear extensions because they give 3" of extension. I justed the TeraFlex 2" front extensions.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
@MFarmz
If your JLU is lifted at all you will need to run shock extensions. That makes it easier. You can get shock extension for thr JLU and only drill out the holes on the rear extensions that the shock bolt goes into. You don't actually have to drill out the shock mount on rear. And you only need to change the Top bushings.
I lifted my wife's JLU High-Tide and put my Mojave socks on it. I lifted it 1" plus it has a 1.5" from the factory. I had to use the Metelcloak rear extensions because they give 3" of extension. I justed the TeraFlex 2" front extensions.
Your High Tide has different bump stops than a typical JLU: 1.375" more in the front, 2.25" in the rear. This is why you needed shock extensions.

Edit: Any XR that doesn't want to waste 1.5" of shock travel should use bump stop extensions.

Last edited:

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Your High Tide has different bump stops than a typical JLU: 1.375" more in the front, 2.25" in the rear. This is why you needed shock extensions.
That is actually backwards... You don't need shock extensions for upward travel, they are for downward travel
Rubicon shocks and Mohave are the almost same length.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
And the back has 1" ish added bumpstops the front has more. I am not relying on numbers of the Internet. I took the High-Tide's suspension completey apart and added the shocks, track bars, sector shaft brace, drag link, tie rode, etc.... myself. I think I put a post up specifically on the Mojave Shocks on JLU, probably with pictures...

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
That is actually backwards... You don't need shock extensions for upward travel, they are for downward travel
Rubicon shocks and Mohave are the almost same length.
OK... let me put it this way: running shock extensions on a stock bump-stoped Sport/Sahara/Rubicon will bottom out the shock. A "lifted" Jeep doesn't automatically mean more bump stop, it means the ride height is higher. While your advice wasn't totally incorrect, it doesn't address the actual problem.

And the back has 1" ish added bumpstops
It's 1.25" blocks, in addition to the axle bracket that's already 1" taller than a standard JL.
img_0134-jpeg.jpg

Standard JL (ignore the arrow)
23-rr-brake-parking.jpg

Sponsored

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
OK... let me put it this way: running shock extensions on a stock bump-stoped Sport/Sahara/Rubicon will bottom out the shock. A "lifted" Jeep doesn't automatically mean more bump stop, it means the ride height is higher. While your advice wasn't totally incorrect, it doesn't address the actual problem.

It's 1.25" blocks, in addition to the axle bracket that's already 1" taller than a standard JL.
img_0134-jpeg.jpg

Standard JL (ignore the arrow)
23-rr-brake-parking.jpg
I never mentioned bump stops. I said if your Jeep is lifted you need shock extensions. The stock Rubicon and Mojave shocks are short... If you lift the jeep, and you have short shocks they will be toped out.
What you said was I needed shock extensions because my High-Tide has taller bump stops - THAT IS COMPLETELY WRONG.
Someone might need taller bump stops if they have shock extensions, depends on what you are doing.
I am not going to debate this, it isn't that hard of a concept to grasp ... You can think whatever you what and now try to reword it. But what you said again I needed shock extensions because my High-Tide has taller bump stops - COMPLETELY WRONG! I need shock extensions because with the lift my shocks were to short to reach the bolt holes and that was resting on the suspension....

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I never mentioned bump stops.
I know. That's why I did.

I said if your Jeep is lifted you need shock extensions. The stock Rubicon and Mojave shocks are short... If you lift the jeep, and you have short shocks they will be toped out.
Let's look at my Jeep's front suspension. I have a Rubicon lifted with a 1" spacer. I have 4.75" of bump travel and 2.63" of droop with stock shocks, and according to your chart the compressed/extended lengths of Rubicon/Mojave shocks are effectively the same. Accutune recommends 1/3 to 2/3 of the shock should be up travel, which is a range that I fall in.

Let's say I take your advice: " If your JLU is lifted at all you will need to run shock extensions". I'm going to assumed 2" shock extensions. The shock will have 2.75" of bump travel, and the fully compressed shock will leave the axle 1.5" away from touching the bump stop. The compressed length of the shock is 15.75" + 2", but there's only 16.25" between the upper and lower shock mounts.

So how do I fix it? I could add 1.5" bump stops. Coincidently, the XR has 1.375" taller front bump stops, which is likely close enough to function well with the shock extensions.

What you said was I needed shock extensions because my High-Tide has taller bump stops - THAT IS COMPLETELY WRONG.
I apologize, what I intended to state was: Any XR that doesn't want to waste 1.5" of shock travel should use bump stop extensions.
Sponsored