Genesis Battery for 3.0L

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Any chance yall will develop something with lithium batterys in mind. I just finished building this, it's still being tested and cleaned up. But 100 ah of batterys is pretty nice.

16340024789342140411342000489048.jpg
I have 280ah , runs my CFX3 45 for a month without charging
Sponsored

Logalinipoo

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlur diesel, 2011 grand cherokee overland sum
I have 280ah , runs my CFX3 45 for a month without charging
I bought 315, but I'm planing on running 210.
Can you detail what battery packs those are? Thanks!

They are 105ah lithium cells. I ordered them from aliexpress. The key was the size. I'll try to find them for you.

Logalinipoo

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The pair of Odyssey group 25's are 110 Ahr.

They might be 110, but only 50 percent usable if you want any decent life out of them. And one is for the starter. So you only have 25 usable ah. On a hot day that won't run a fridge more than a day or so. Oh and I have a diesel so the dual battery kit isn't an option, the last I looked.

Then you couple in the charge time. With a smart alternator only putting out 12.6 volts the odesy batterys will never really charge. If they do it'll take all day of driving to charge. Even if you couple in a dcdc charger led acid take so long to really get charged it's crazy.

With lithium and a 25amp dc to dc charger. It only takes one hour of drive time to recharge the batterys, 3 hours if you've really depleted them. They also have 80 percent depth of discharge for a much longer service life. And overall less weight on the vehicle.

Lithium is pretty much a win for everything except cost. And that 105 ah pack cost me about 250 bucks. Less than 300 with wiring fuseblock and all.

Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Lithium won't work for cold weather folks correct? So that would eliminate what 25%-50% of his customer base.

Logalinipoo

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lithium won't work for cold weather folks correct? So that would eliminate what 25%-50% of his customer base.
Yes that can be a concern.

Lithium can't be charged below freezing. The controllers for them prevent it, so you aren't at risk of damaging the battery.

They have battery heaters for that. Or you can simply pull a load on them to warm them up before charging.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK Rubicon, '18 JL Rubicon, '21 JT Rubicon
Good things come to those who wait!
Everything takes longer than we want right now, but I promise the diesel kit is in development!

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
They might be 110, but only 50 percent usable if you want any decent life out of them. And one is for the starter. So you only have 25 usable ah. On a hot day that won't run a fridge more than a day or so. Oh and I have a diesel so the dual battery kit isn't an option, the last I looked.

Then you couple in the charge time. With a smart alternator only putting out 12.6 volts the odesy batterys will never really charge. If they do it'll take all day of driving to charge. Even if you couple in a dcdc charger led acid take so long to really get charged it's crazy.

With lithium and a 25amp dc to dc charger. It only takes one hour of drive time to recharge the batterys, 3 hours if you've really depleted them. They also have 80 percent depth of discharge for a much longer service life. And overall less weight on the vehicle.

Lithium is pretty much a win for everything except cost. And that 105 ah pack cost me about 250 bucks. Less than 300 with wiring fuseblock and all.
This!!!!

I don’t know why anyone would want a dual battery lead acid anchor above their front axle.

@Genesis Offroad what we really need is a well thought out and documented ESS delete to one smallish lead acid under the hood and a lifepo4 in the cab. I’ve got 4kwh (will add another 4 later) on a boat to me now and would certainly pay to outsource some of the design for this system.

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
Good things come to those who wait!
Everything takes longer than we want right now, but I promise the diesel kit is in development!
Good to hear/know. I’m sure there is a bunch of us eagerly waiting. I know I am.

IQ_imbalance

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 3.0d
Silly question...but where does the second battery go? Is there room for two group 25's in the diesel engine bay?
Sponsored