Funny encounter with a COP Last Weekend

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Last Saturday, decided to drive to Kent Falls NY to take a hike with my daughter. We get there and the trail to the falls is closed and there is no where to park. My daughter and hop out quickly to get some pictures of the cover bridge and the falls (we had to pull off on the side of the road to do this). We are there for about 5 min and a Cop/Ranger pulls up. He quickly (does his job) and says you know you cant park here and the Falls is closed due to covid-19. I acknowledge. Then he started asking my all sorts of questions about my jeep, "what size are those tires, where did you get the wheels, what's that color called, blah blah blah". We sat and chatted about my Jeep for about 10min. Dude was seriously admiring my jeep. very funny.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I was the very first in my area with the new 2018 JL. And to boot it was a 2 d.r, JL.

I was driving with my gal pal at posted speed on a local highway, when a New York State Trooper came up behind me an lit me up... turned on her lights and pulled me over.

Trooper was a petite young gal. Actually not bad looking at all.

Anyway, right off, she says, I'm really sorry for pulling you over but" I have never seen a new "JL"

.........and do you mind if I look it over for a few minutes.

I said sure .. told her I had just recently got it, but did know quite a bit about it.

She asked away and looked looked.... oh, and she mentioned she was a JL Wrangler forum member and she had read many of my posts (she recognized my JL, plate) where I had posted waiting over a hundred days for my new JL to be delivered from the factory.. She was wanting to order one ...

Found out she is a local gal. I subsequently, helped her with the 2018 JL (2 dr.) she purchased. She needed assist with a Tazer JL Mini and also I wired up her aux, b/u lights.

p.s. Hi Mindy! Hope all is doing well in these crazy times.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I was the very first in my area with the new 2018 JL. And to boot it was a 2 d.r, JL.

I was driving with my gal pal at posted speed on a local highway, when a New York State Trooper came up behind me an lit me up... turned on her lights and pulled me over.

Anyway, right off, she says, I'm really sorry for pulling you over but" I have never seen a new "JL"

I said sure .. told her I had just recently got it, but did know quite a bit about it.

She asked away and looked looked.... oh, and she mentioned she was a JL Wrangler forum member and she had read many of my posts (she recognized my JL, plate) where I had posted waiting over a hundred days for my new JL to be delivered from the factory.. She was wanting to order one ...

Found out she is a local gal. I subsequently, helped her with the 2018 JL (2 dr.) she purchased. She needed assist with a Tazer JL Mini and also I wired up her aux, b/u lights.

lol topped my story by miles.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
lol topped my story by miles.
@Spearmin
Nah, same kinda story as yours...

Points out "Cops" are regular people with similar likes and dislikes, passions as ours. Unfortunately, some asshats, these days, especially, are painting them with a different stroke lets say.

Can't tell you how many times I have been flagged down over the last 2 yrs. that I have had the JL.

Even stopped at Jeep events out of state.

Lots of JL Wrangler forum guys and gals around and they do recognize you... your JL,... your plate.... you particular mod or decal.... and they do let you know. Also helps if you have a very decent looking gal pal with you... :CWL:

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I have 2 good friends on the state highway patrol, one just retired a few weeks back. They are both great guys with a lot of common sense and they are quick to help you if you need it. I hope to get together with them sometime soon and do the beach trip we all use to take.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)

Mindy, I do not know you, however, you are a policeman so I will add, “THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO FOR YOUR COMMUNITY!!!!!” During these crazy times there are many that continue to appreciate what all of you in Blue do for us everyday!!!!! Stay safe!!!!
Sponsored