Fuel guage/warning light

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
And thanks, was wanting someone to go all Kramer on theirs so I didnt have to!
Oh, and on another test, before the whole range starts getting weird and saying low range, after wheeling in Mammoth and driving to Bishop my range said 166. I poured in the full 3.5 gallon can and when we started it up to go have dinner the range had gone from 166 to 222. My reserve can gave me 56 miles.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I poured in my 3.5 ( I actually only had 3 gallons in can) then went to gas station and put in 18.4 gallons.
Ok thanks for the response. Ive been skeptical that the tank actually holds 21.5 gallons. Not that I really believed FCA would put the wrong tank on (on purpose or accident) but I was entertaining the idea...

Being that I dont carry an extra tank around with me Ive never ran it that low. But Ive got 10 miles past where it just said low range and then filled up 18.0 gallons. Kind of makes you think, "maybe I accidentally got the 18-gallon tank from the 2-door".

Sponsored

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I've done 45 miles when the low fuel light went on. Was driving up to canada and the gas station I planned on stopping at was closed, and it was the middle of the night. I was sweating bullets, but the Jeep made it to another gas station that was 40 miles away. 15 of those miles were town driving, and the rest were fairly hilly miles. I did however hypermile to make sure I get maximum range. Never travel long distances without my rotopax units anymore lol.

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
I ran the "Dealer tank (89 octane) past the range warning down to the ''low warning" light, then filled up with 17.0 gal leaving 1/2 gal reserved.
Nothing but 93 octane now... 22.5 mpg city

Update: indicating 25.2 mpg on my commute! (indicate (dash) was only off by <0.1 mpg on first 2 tanks)

Last edited:

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I noticed the same thing.

What's especially obnoxious is that it cancels the remote start when the gas light is on. Which, okay, fine, but when the light comes on when you hit about a quarter tank, that's pretty annoying.

OP
OP

crjwingman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Ran mine down past the low fuel warning to the "low" range indication. Put another 23 miles of hard stop and go Chicago driving. It took 19.1 gallons after that so still another 2.4 left. Even at the measly 15 mpg I get running around Chicago, that's another 37 or so miles to empty, so almost 60 miles from the low range indicator.
Sponsored