Front passenger seat removal

nick1tucker

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I have a 2 door sport JL, I am a duck hunter which requires me too sleep in my car the night before hunting. I’m 6”4 so there’s no way to sleep in the back with just removing the backseat. My idea is to remove the front seat and build a platform to make up the height difference. The front seat as far as I can see has 4 bolts but also a wiring harness attached, I would assume for airbags. I’m scared as shit to unplug that and things to go south, has anyone done this before?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I have a 2 door sport JL, I am a duck hunter which requires me too sleep in my car the night before hunting. I’m 6”4 so there’s no way to sleep in the back with just removing the backseat. My idea is to remove the front seat and build a platform to make up the height difference. The front seat as far as I can see has 4 bolts but also a wiring harness attached, I would assume for airbags. I’m scared as shit to unplug that and things to go south, has anyone done this before?
More like a seat belt / weight sensor.
Your airbag won't go off if that's what you are afraid of.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It's more likely that your passenger airbag would be disabled if you unplugged it.
Sponsored