First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Which oracle lights are you planning on? my next big project/expense is going to be lift/wheels/tires but I started with oracle lights and I highly recommend their oculus bi led lights
Sponsored

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Which oracle lights are you planning on? my next big project/expense is going to be lift/wheels/tires but I started with oracle lights and I highly recommend their oculus bi led lights
I believe it is those with the halos right? Were your originals the halogen? How are they working with the day time halo? I am also getting the switchback blinkers

caleb_m00re

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Yeah I’m running the oculus bi led and the switchbacks. The switchbacks are definitely an improvement but I’ll be looking into actually getting the factory leds from quadratech (they sell them with the fenders) because they just aren’t the same. The headlights on the other hand have been amazing for me. The halos wirk really well too. Easy install as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL First build on the way 9D1033A3-126C-4BCE-9247-DFC2BF03ABD0
Jeep Wrangler JL First build on the way BDEB6999-3880-450C-9681-6DF25AE9CCB6

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I’m running the oculus bi led and the switchbacks. The switchbacks are definitely an improvement but I’ll be looking into actually getting the factory leds from quadratech (they sell them with the fenders) because they just aren’t the same. The headlights on the other hand have been amazing for me. The halos wirk really well too. Easy install as well.
Looks great i cant wait!! Do the switchbacks act as a DRL with the halos or do you actually have to set the blinker lights on?

caleb_m00re

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
You know.... I’m not sure:CWL: I’ve only ever checked at night and they’re on then but I have a feeling they come on like the halogen ones only at night

Sponsored

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know.... I’m not sure:CWL: I’ve only ever checked at night and they’re on then but I have a feeling they come on like the halogen ones only at night
ahhh thats a bummer...if you remember in the future and you check definitely let me know. Headlights look great tho. What lift are you getting? I may opt out of the 2.5 RC spacer lift due to caster concerns and just get 33s and maybe a 1” lift down the road

caleb_m00re

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Not positive yet. It will probably be a summer project when I can afford it. I want to run 35s so depending on rubicon fenders I’ll probably run a super lift 2” or jks 3.5” Any thoughts?

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not positive yet. It will probably be a summer project when I can afford it. I want to run 35s so depending on rubicon fenders I’ll probably run a super lift 2” or jks 3.5” Any thoughts?
tbh im the wrong guy to ask. me personally if i were getting a complete lift kit id get the mopar because i dont do any heavy trails - i do light stuff maybe 2-3x a month in the summer.

Like i said in the original post i was going to get the RC 2.5 spacer lift and run 35s but i think i may try to do 33s with no lift and maybe in the future do a smaller lift or leveling kit.

Right now im worried more about the aesthetic which is why i want the lights so bad

What size tires do you have now?

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
255 70R18 which is around 32 inches I think
any rub? do you think youd have an inch to spare if no rub?

during the summer i average 29mpg with my 2.0 so if i ditch the lift and big tires and can fit 33s i guess id be able to keep majority of my mileage

Sponsored

caleb_m00re

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
no rubbing. As for 33s I’d say possibly. Don’t really have a good way to confirm but it definitely isn’t a problem with the rubi fenders if you get those

OP
OP

jwhirl

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no rubbing. As for 33s I’d say possibly. Don’t really have a good way to confirm but it definitely isn’t a problem with the rubi fenders if you get those
Im torn between going thru with the RC kit or not. Some people dont have steering issues while others do

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
don't cheap out. This doesn't mean you need to drop $5K on a lift. Make sure you properly budget for the parts required to ensure your Jeep is safe and driveable.
Limeade gave good advice that absolutely can not be underscored enough!

Spend once and get it right the first time. If to spend it right the first time means you have to hold off to save up for it, do just that.

As others have discovered, it’s far more expensive to spend less and then dump money into fixing a new issue when that issue could have been avoided from the get go with a more complete system.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Rubicon suspension and 33s. Or rubi suspension, 1 inch spacers and 35s. Pick whatever shocks you like.
Sponsored