Sponsored

Mojave Wrangler Reportedly On The Way

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Funny , the longer wheel base Gladiator people are saying this same thing about the 4 door wrangler. Lol. So the gladiator people think the four-door is too short , the four-door people think the two door is too short, the two door people think the four-door and gladiator are too long.
But I'm a 2-door... where does that put me?
Sponsored

Last edited:

micky_blue

First Name
Micky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Likely 2020 Rubicon, 85 Scrambler
I am hoping they release a manual 2.0 Mojave. I would likely get one of them this fall.

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Personally hoping the V6 and auto stay on as optional extras. I'm interested in the rest of it. I'm not a die-hard pro-level rock crawler for life-er, I like to do a little bit of everything, and this sounds like it's pretty much made for exactly that.

Depending on how capable it is, might even be willing to mothball my current Exocet Off-road project. Obviously a totally different feeling doing fast desert passes in a 1500 lb car as opposed to a 5500 lb car, but I'm starting to get sick of project cars sitting in a garage and not having time to work on them, so as long as this is capable enough doing desert passes. We all know it's gonna be more than capable enough on the rock crawling front.

I've never had any good luck with turbocharged 4 cylinders (every single one has blown an engine in some fashion, superchargers have been fine though), so I'm still personally skeptical of any 2.0T pulling a 5500lb carraige long-term. I would like to be proven wrong though, I need to hear about some 200,000 mile check-ins. :D

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

- no front lockers
- no sway bar disconnect
"more than capable enough on the rock crawling front. "

200.gif

LateBraking

First Name
Y'all a cult.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
- no front lockers
- no sway bar disconnect
"more than capable enough on the rock crawling front. "

200.gif
-Easy enough to get sway bar quick disconnects.
-Front lockers, well, is a compromise, but it's one that allows you to theoretically to do other activities as well.

Feels like saying no front lockers = no rock crawling is like saying no Sahara owner can go rock crawling. Bit of a broad oversimplification, its just a matter of degree. Nobody said that the Mojave can crawl to the exact same capable level as the Rubicon.

I know it's hard, but try to keep an open mind. Jeep community already spends too much time cannibalizing itself with its confrontation-centered closed-mindedness. Reminds me of Porsche owners. Variety won't kill anyone, it's okay.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Oh, aftermarket upgrades? Sure. Apparently the 4.0:1 transfer case isn't the same either... Intradasting. Yes agreed, define "capable enough". Anything can be a torch if you light it on fire i.e. race at the hill/bounce down it aggressively enough
My buddy feels his FJ Cruiser is capable enough
1PEw.gif

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Oh, aftermarket upgrades? Sure. Apparently the 4.0:1 transfer case isn't the same either... Intradasting. Yes agreed, define "capable enough". Anything can be a torch if you light it on fire i.e. race at the hill/bounce down it aggressively enough
My buddy feels his FJ Cruiser is capable enough
Jeep Wrangler JL Mojave Wrangler Reportedly On The Way 1PEw
I guess nobody ever did any rock crawling before the Rubicon package.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I know it's hard, but try to keep an open mind. Jeep community already spends too much time cannibalizing itself with its confrontation-centered closed-mindedness. Reminds me of Porsche owners. Variety won't kill anyone, it's okay.
Jesus, how much time do you spend on Reddit?

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
With all the recalls and design flaws associated with the clutch, not sure how I feel about getting the manual.
I never owned an automatic until after I turned 60, real men use 3 pedals! All my other 14 Jeeps were manuals but I can tell you that this 8 speed is phenomenal. Give it some consideration