Sponsored

Firestone Destination XT

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, YJ
Is anybody running the Firestone Destination XT, I’m thinking of trying them on my wife’s daily driver. It’s probably between the XT’s and KO2’s. There’s not allot of info out there on the XT, I like the weight and they look a lot like a KO2
Sponsored

dloreski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 & Honda Civic
Is anybody running the Firestone Destination XT, I’m thinking of trying them on my wife’s daily driver. It’s probably between the XT’s and KO2’s. There’s not allot of info out there on the XT, I like the weight and they look a lot like a KO2
I'm also in NW PA and I just bought a set for my Willy's.
The standard MT2's were too unpredictable in the snow, but I liked the looks of them so I went with the XT's.
They were EXCELLENT in the 6" - 8" of snow over Christmas and much more quiet on the highway. I never ran KO2's, but I'am very happy with these so far.
I couldn't find many reviews either, but if you type in Firestone XT on Youtube, there are a couple good videos, including one on the Wrangler.
-Dave

OP
OP
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, YJ
I'm also in NW PA and I just bought a set for my Willy's.
The standard MT2's were too unpredictable in the snow, but I liked the looks of them so I went with the XT's.
They were EXCELLENT in the 6" - 8" of snow over Christmas and much more quiet on the highway. I never ran KO2's, but I'am very happy with these so far.
I couldn't find many reviews either, but if you type in Firestone XT on Youtube, there are a couple good videos, including one on the Wrangler.
-Dave
Same rig here, I’m 30 min south of Erie, the stock Mt’s do suck in snow and ice. How are the XT’s for noise? Quieter than the MT’s?

dloreski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 & Honda Civic
Same rig here, I’m 30 min south of Erie, the stock Mt’s do suck in snow and ice. How are the XT’s for noise? Quieter than the MT’s?
Yeah, I am in Conneaut Lake here.
My MT's were ok in deeper snow, but on roads that were just getting covered they were pretty bad.
These XT's are very quiet compared to the MT's.
I sold all 5 of my MT's for $800 and paid about $1,400 for 5 XT's.
I did find that to get the white letter version, I had to get the LT275/70/17R.
It's a little wider and slightly taller. I love the look of it.
-Dave

OP
OP
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, YJ
Yeah, I am in Conneaut Lake here.
My MT's were ok in deeper snow, but on roads that were just getting covered they were pretty bad.
These XT's are very quiet compared to the MT's.
I sold all 5 of my MT's for $800 and paid about $1,400 for 5 XT's.
I did find that to get the white letter version, I had to get the LT275/70/17R.
It's a little wider and slightly taller. I love the look of it.
-Dave
Firestone in Erie quoted me just under $1100 for stock size, I might change size. Did your gas mileage change much?

Sponsored

dloreski

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 & Honda Civic
I was getting about 19 MPG with the 2.0 with mostly short trips.
I only have about 1,000 miles on it so far and haven't checked it yet with these tires.
For most of my highway driving I use my Honda Civic and primarily have the Jeep for snow.

OP
OP
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, YJ
I ended up picking up some Destination XT, so far they seem good in the snow and definitely quitter and better handling then the Ud Terrain tires tbat came on it. I hope they wear at good as a KO2
Sponsored