Finally Ordered our '19 JLUR

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
So this afternoon, my wife and I finally pulled the trigger and ordered our '19 Black Rubicon with black leather. This is our first Wrangler.

We were able to order the 24R 3.6L ESS/8-speed auto without an issue, but the painted hardtops are currently on restriction due to a shortage. Basically ordered every option including dual tops (painted) and painted fender flairs. Only option we didn't order were the optional Rubicon wheels, as we love the standard ones. Dealer was guesstimating about 8 weeks for delivery.

After hanging out on this forum since the '18's were introduced, I wanted to say thank you to everyone for the wealth of information this forum brings. The dealer was amazed when I walked in and knew exactly what we wanted. The whole ordering process took less than 20 minutes.

It's amazing how times flies except when you are waiting for your new vehicle to be built.
Sponsored

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
So this afternoon, my wife and I finally pulled the trigger and ordered our '19 Black Rubicon with black leather. This is our first Wrangler.

We were able to order the 24R 3.6L ESS/8-speed auto without an issue, but the painted hardtops are currently on restriction due to a shortage. Basically ordered every option including dual tops (painted) and painted fender flairs. Only option we didn't order were the optional Rubicon wheels, as we love the standard ones. Dealer was guesstimating about 8 weeks for delivery.

After hanging out on this forum since the '18's were introduced, I wanted to say thank you to everyone for the wealth of information this forum brings. The dealer was amazed when I walked in and knew exactly what we wanted. The whole ordering process took less than 20 minutes.

It's amazing how times flies except when you are waiting for your new vehicle to be built.
Congrats what Chicago area dealer did you go with? my buddy just got the 2dr ruby from Fields Jeep-black w tan leather.

OP
OP
Steevr

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats what Chicago area dealer did you go with? my buddy just got the 2dr ruby from Fields Jeep-black w tan leather.
Thanks. Yes, Fields Jeep also for us. They were great to work with.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Congrats on your order.

I'm currently waiting on my Rubicon to arrive. I ordered from Ziegler Schaumburg Jeep. I'm currently at the 11 week mark. I'm hoping it arrives this week.

Monday I bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn from Dupage Jeep. Super smooth transaction.

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I've had about 7-8 wranglers, lost count lol, but not too familiar with the Ram. But recently rented a 1500 4x4 w the hemi, was really impressed with the ride and interior, congrats.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I've had about 7-8 wranglers, lost count lol, but not too familiar with the Ram. But recently rented a 1500 4x4 w the hemi, was really impressed with the ride and interior, congrats.
This will make my fifth wrangler so you have me beat lol. I agree with you about the Ram. They have made major improvements in trucks over the last few years.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Congrats. I hope it comes sooner than expected and is everything you dreamed of

But I’m a little confused about something you mentioned though. You said when you ordered that painted hard tops were on restriction and yet you ordered it that way and that your ETA is about 8 weeks. How can you order that configuration if it’s currently restricted? And how can salesman give you an ETA of about 8 weeks if they don’t even have all the parts currently available?

OP
OP
Steevr

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats. I hope it comes sooner than expected and is everything you dreamed of

But I’m a little confused about something you mentioned though. You said when you ordered that painted hard tops were on restriction and yet you ordered it that way and that your ETA is about 8 weeks. How can you order that configuration if it’s currently restricted? And how can salesman give you an ETA of about 8 weeks if they don’t even have all the parts currently available?
Thanks.

Yes, good point. He mentioned most of their sold orders take anywhere from 6-8 weeks. Yes, all depends on how long of a delay there is with the painted tops.

As strange as it sounds, we were hoping for a 2019 delivery (the earlier in 2019 the better). This is the last year on my tax write-off on my current F-150, so we'll use the Rubicon for the write-off starting in 2019.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thanks.

Yes, good point. He mentioned most of their sold orders take anywhere from 6-8 weeks. Yes, all depends on how long of a delay there is with the painted tops.

As strange as it sounds, we were hoping for a 2019 delivery (the earlier in 2019 the better). This is the last year on my tax write-off on my current F-150, so we'll use the Rubicon for the write-off starting in 2019.
Cool. I asked because I thought you might have gotten some insights from your salesman that many of us haven’t. I ordered on 9/25 and I’m one of a number of members here that have our Jeeps built but held for a long time in inspection status with no official explanation from Jeep. Unofficial information has leaked out that lack of painted hard tops are the hold up.

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
Congratulations on your order.

Sponsored

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! hopefully you don't have to wait too long. The wait is the real killer.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase

congrats... I'm on week 4 and in "D" Status. i hope to get mine in 10-12wks lol, let alone the 6-8wks I was quoted. As with mine, hopefully it comes sooner than later