Sponsored

Finally joined the Club

pdxstinggray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon - Sting Gray
well, congrats to you too.

if you don’t know about the “wander and drift” threads on this site, and if your Jeep drives great, don’t even bother to read the 365 PAGES of posts in one thread alone. Just be happy that your Jeep is terrific and drives the way you like it......
Well...now I need to go and test it...
It definitely drives very differently than my audi...but its also got bigger wheels and is waay higher than my audi so I would imagine it has a different driving style
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dkretden

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Well...now I need to go and test it...
It definitely drives very differently than my audi...but its also got bigger wheels and is waay higher than my audi so I would imagine it has a different driving style
If you didn’t notice anything but “different” from your other vehicle, trust me........ stay away from that thread.

thatsaid, your Jeep will drive differently than your Audi. That is expected. The issues reported by some are that the Jeep “wanders” all over the freeway or road (more speed-more wander), requires constant input into the steering wheel to try to keep straight, and has “dead spots” in the wheel where you turn side to side a few inches and nothing happens. There is a lot of folks on this board reporting these issues and some suggesting that the Jeep is simply too dangerous to drive at highway speed. That’s why I wanted a nice 10 miles on the freeway to check mine out.........

if you have ready not noticed any of the above, likely this is not a concern for you. That said, go get a beer (or 12), sit down, and read that thread if you are inclined. There are linked videos as well showing the problem which seems to have no solution yet.

TheSourApple

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr jl
I recently installed a 4 inch superlift now my steering wheel turns when I gas it it has new control arms and a track bar relocation bracket could correcting the angle of the drag link fix this

pdxstinggray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon - Sting Gray
If you didn’t notice anything but “different” from your other vehicle, trust me........ stay away from that thread.

thatsaid, your Jeep will drive differently than your Audi. That is expected. The issues reported by some are that the Jeep “wanders” all over the freeway or road (more speed-more wander), requires constant input into the steering wheel to try to keep straight, and has “dead spots” in the wheel where you turn side to side a few inches and nothing happens. There is a lot of folks on this board reporting these issues and some suggesting that the Jeep is simply too dangerous to drive at highway speed. That’s why I wanted a nice 10 miles on the freeway to check mine out.........

if you have ready not noticed any of the above, likely this is not a concern for you. That said, go get a beer (or 12), sit down, and read that thread if you are inclined. There are linked videos as well showing the problem which seems to have no solution yet.
i drove normal roads just now and at speeds of 40-50mph i can let go of steering and it will go straight... will try on highway also in coming days. Am getting lift next week and 37 tires so all wil be different then

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Will do.

the dash is NOT red but a subtle black/grey. It’s very nice. Again, I kinda wanted the red dash...... until I saw this in person. I have always had cars (never owned a jeep) black interiors. This is a nice change..../
Congrats! I have almost the same JLUR, but In red with a manual. The Saddle Brown leather option is gorgeous. I got it so dash wouldn’t clash with the Firecracker Red paint, but would buy Saddle Brown again even if it came with the red dash. Saddle Brown seems to match really well with red, white, both blues, and black.