First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
We purchased our Jeep on June 14th. At the time of purchase we ordered electric running boards, bumper, Warn winch and some other items. Six weeks after getting the Jeep, before any of the accessories were installed both of our vehicles were hit by a hail storm. The bumper and the winch were installed about a month after the hail storm, but they couldn’t install the electric running boards till the lower part of the body was repaired. Between both vehicles being in the shop, and the hood for the Jeep being on backorder finally, after all this time it will go into the dealership to get the electric running boards installed on Monday. I’ll also get them to look at the leaking rear main seal. We’re in our mid 60’s and with the lift and 35 inch tires my wife has a had time getting in and out of the Jeep. Maybe by the end of next week we’ll finally be enjoying them.
Sponsored

astglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
This is a great option. I am 60 and a cancer survivor. When I lifted the JL i noticed that my poor old nuts were getting a good polishing going over the seat edge. Running boards get rid of that! You and your bullnutties will be happy you did!! What model electric did you get?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
This is a great option. I am 60 and a cancer survivor. When I lifted the JL i noticed that my poor old nuts were getting a good polishing going over the seat edge. Running boards get rid of that! You and your bullnutties will be happy you did!! What model electric did you get?
That member you replied to posted that comment 3 years ago. The past time they posted was a year ago but you might get lucky with a reply.

In saying that, the general consensus here (especially if you intend to offroad) for electric steps is Rock Slide Engineering Version 3 slider.

If you google "RSE + JLWranglerforum" you will find a ton of information on them.

agdenver

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
That member you replied to posted that comment 3 years ago. The past time they posted was a year ago but you might get lucky with a reply.

In saying that, the general consensus here (especially if you intend to offroad) for electric steps is Rock Slide Engineering Version 3 slider.

If you google "RSE + JLWranglerforum" you will find a ton of information on them.
Just check the instructions you get versus the videos that are out there. They changed the wiring harness for the JL and now it goes side to side under the vehicle instead of through the interior. It's still a good design but much hard to install IMO.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Just check the instructions you get versus the videos that are out there. They changed the wiring harness for the JL and now it goes side to side under the vehicle instead of through the interior. It's still a good design but much hard to install IMO.
Why did you quote my post? Lol
Sponsored