FCA Affiliate Control Number help please

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I have been frustrated trying to generate an FCA Control number for a 1% discount. I joined Tread Lightly more than a month ago. I have my letter from them dated May 28. I registered and have filled out the form on the fca affilitates website completing all the blanks including the unusual date format for the date of birth. I called the customer service line and they said they could not help me generate an affiliate number but that I should try not using an Apple device and not to use internet explorer. Putting aside how ridiculous this is, I do not own any internet devices other than Apple. I have tried using four different browsers including Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox on two different iMacs and an iPad.

Anyone have any advice as to how to get the damn site to generate a control number? It should not be this hard.

Thanks.
Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I’m not sure what exactly the control number is needed for? Last year I just brought in my TreadLightly Welcome Letter, showed the salesman, and received my 6% below invoice. No control number needed; no hassle at all.

OP
OP

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure what exactly the control number is needed for? Last year I just brought in my TreadLightly Welcome Letter, showed the salesman, and received my 6% below invoice. No control number needed; no hassle at all.
Well, my offer from the dealer says an additional 1% with the control number. I have my letter from Tread Lightly and have written to the dealer to see what he says, but I have tried so many times with different browsers and it has not worked. I even used my windows parallels program to download firefox for windows and tried IE there (so six different web browsers now) and it did not work. Feels like they make it hard/impossible (?) on purpose.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Well, my offer from the dealer says an additional 1% with the control number. I have my letter from Tread Lightly and have written to the dealer to see what he says, but I have tried so many times with different browsers and it has not worked. I even used my windows parallels program to download firefox for windows and tried IE there (so six different web browsers now) and it did not work. Feels like they make it hard/impossible (?) on purpose.
I am not certain if it’s a Mac issue. I have a Mac and used it to create an account with FCA and then generated the code. I didn’t experience any issues.
did it throw an error? We’re you able to create an accounton FCA affiliates?

OP
OP

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not certain if it’s a Mac issue. I have a Mac and used it to create an account with FCA and then generated the code. I didn’t experience any issues.
did it throw an error? We’re you able to create an accounton FCA affiliates?
No error code tho on some attempts it says to please use a deliverable address. I entered a deliverable address so not sure what that is about if anything. It usually just does nothing and the number of control numbers requested remains at zero.

Sponsored

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
Are you using a VPN? If so, you could try shutting it off.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I have been frustrated trying to generate an FCA Control number for a 1% discount. I joined Tread Lightly more than a month ago. I have my letter from them dated May 28. I registered and have filled out the form on the fca affilitates website completing all the blanks including the unusual date format for the date of birth. I called the customer service line and they said they could not help me generate an affiliate number but that I should try not using an Apple device and not to use internet explorer. Putting aside how ridiculous this is, I do not own any internet devices other than Apple. I have tried using four different browsers including Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox on two different iMacs and an iPad.

Anyone have any advice as to how to get the damn site to generate a control number? It should not be this hard.

Thanks.
I too use Mac/Apple devices. I used Safari for everything. I did run into a problem generating a control number as well. My issue turned out to be that I had created a Mopar account, and then created an account for the affiliate program, the AP didn’t like that. I had to fix it by changing my login credentials to the same as those used for my Mopar account. Hopefully this is helpful.

OP
OP

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too use Mac/Apple devices. I used Safari for everything. I did run into a problem generating a control number as well. My issue turned out to be that I had created a Mopar account, and then created an account for the affiliate program, the AP didn’t like that. I had to fix it by changing my login credentials to the same as those used for my Mopar account. Hopefully this is helpful.
Thanks but I don't have a Mopar account.

Sponsored

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
The finance guy at my dealer said that Stellantis is being much more strict now and even performing audits to ensure the program isn't being abused. I recall an experience similar to yours in 2018, but had to jump through all of the hoops a couple months ago to generate the control number and submit the proper form.

@Luvwine Your problem is sounding vaguely familiar to me. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what I did, but I do recall I was finally able to generate a control number. I have Safari, Chrome and Firefox on my Mac, so it must have been one of them that worked! The only other trick I can think of is perhaps I used a private/incognito window to bypass some cookie issue. Good luck!

OP
OP

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Just tried all three again and used private and non private windows and the result is the same. Just ridiculous.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
You sure you purchased the $100 TreadLightly membership? If not, you will not receive an affiliate code. Ever.

OP
OP

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just thought I would update this thread. I sent an email to my dealer asking if the control number was necessary for the discount and detailing for him the frustration I have had with this process. He called me today and got my login information for the FCA Affiliates. He had the same experience I had initially but was able to make it work after trying a different physical address. I too had tried a different physical address, but apparently his computer/web browser with that different address was able to to generate a control number. He did say that FCA had changed the system and that since then it has caused a fair number of headaches. I am just glad that I have a good and responsive dealer (Tri-City) and that the matter is resolved.
Sponsored