cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
good info, I could have sworn I saw someone from Synergy post that their springs were stiffer than oem rubicon ssprings but by less than 10% stiffer. I'm happy to be wrong and hope the o.p. is happy with the new setup
Ordered the 20 series yesterday, scheduled for delivery today. Ill have them on tomm, and check back. I honestly didn't know about the 10 series, and have only seen 20 advertised. I have a winch and soon adding a rear bumper, so the slightly heavier spring rate should compensate for that added weight.
Sponsored

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
I read this all the time on the 3.3's and I can only think it has to do to people with the wrong springs or no weight. I really like the more firm ride my 3.3's but I also have steel bumpers, winch, rockslide steps with bash plate, steel rockhard belly pan, and a host of other things. Also I think multirate springs like Synergy's do best with them opposed to linear or progressive springs. I have the 30 series springs.

Now that being said I am upgrading my shocks to the Fox 2.5's in the not so distant future. Not because I don't like the 3.3's but because the Fox's are beautiful and I have lusted over the factory series since I saw them a year ago.

Djtlaz123

First Name
Destry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara JlU
Read this post. Member even puts who he spoke to to have them done and cost. I hope he was being honest( I think he is) because I bought them and will be installing on Tuesday with the ST2 lift.

But maybe you can call and request to speak to who he did.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/falcon-3-3.45016/

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Just got off the phone with TF in regards to having my 3.3's re-valved, and they told me they have NEVER re-valved a set of shocks, and that anyone on any forum that has said they have are fos!! Then said they came out with the SP2 to address this stiffness issues of the 3.3.
I'd ditch them, but already have front and rear inner fenders specifically cut for the 3.3's. What a crock of shit!
It’s unfortunate they are leaving so many folks out in the cold when they know the 3.3s are way to harsh. This is one of the reasons I won’t install them.

I believe they told me they can revalve them for a 2dr. Might be worth a try

Brett

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Read this post. Member even puts who he spoke to to have them done and cost. I hope he was being honest( I think he is) because I bought them and will be installing on Tuesday with the ST2 lift.

But maybe you can call and request to speak to who he did.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/falcon-3-3.45016/
I've spoken to him, and others that have showed me paper work from TF showing they have revalved them before. The guy I spoke to just flat out lied, and said that anyone who says they've done it are lying as well.

I have the contact that they all dealt with in order to have them fixed. After I get my synergy springs installed, I will re-evaluate, and go from there.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I've spoken to him, and others that have showed me paper work from TF showing they have revalved them before. The guy I spoke to just flat out lied, and said that anyone who says they've done it are lying as well.

I have the contact that they all dealt with in order to have them fixed. After I get my synergy springs installed, I will re-evaluate, and go from there.
Seems like a great company to avoid these days.

Djtlaz123

First Name
Destry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara JlU

let me know how those work out. Even though mine have been revalved, my truck is my wife’s so may still need to soften up. Might swap out springs if still too stiff

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my 3" Synergy Springs put on (4" 2dr springs). Haven't driven it far yet, 5 miles maybe, but intitial thoughts are they are MUCH softer than stock springs with the RC 2.5" spacer, much! The shop that installed them even said it took no effort to compress the synergy springs for install compared to compressing the factory springs for removal.
The Jeep takes low speeds bumps much better. You still feel every bump in the road, but they are much less intrusive and abrupt. There is slightly more body roll, but that's expected bc they raised the jeep almost 1 1/2" on all 4 corners above the 2.5" spacer. I'm sure they will settle some upon further driving to net around an 1" or so above the 2.5 spacer yielding around 3 1/4-3 1/2 of total lift.
Not gonna eff with sending the 3.3's off for revalve, they seem to work fine with these springs. The problem all along was the stock springs and RC spacer. Using that spacer without a doubt increased the spring rate of stock considerably.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
On a side note I am also running a RC 2.5”‘spacer lift for now to see if it is enough lift. I have the RC N3 shocks though
I'll bet you like those N3s. I told you they ride better than the Falcons.

Djtlaz123

First Name
Destry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara JlU
I’m g
Got my 3" Synergy Springs put on (4" 2dr springs). Haven't driven it far yet, 5 miles maybe, but intitial thoughts are they are MUCH softer than stock springs with the RC 2.5" spacer, much! The shop that installed them even said it took no effort to compress the synergy springs for install compared to compressing the factory springs for removal.
The Jeep takes low speeds bumps much better. You still feel every bump in the road, but they are much less intrusive and abrupt. There is slightly more body roll, but that's expected bc they raised the jeep almost 1 1/2" on all 4 corners above the 2.5" spacer. I'm sure they will settle some upon further driving to net around an 1" or so above the 2.5 spacer yielding around 3 1/4-3 1/2 of total lift.
Not gonna eff with sending the 3.3's off for revalve, they seem to work fine with these springs. The problem all along was the stock springs and RC spacer. Using that spacer without a doubt increased the spring rate of stock considerably.
I’m glad it got a little better for you. I installed my teraflex lift with the 3.3 that were revalved to a 2 door. Ride isn’t bad. I think little too bumpy. But I don’t know if it’s cause my wife’s last car was a Lexus or me just being anal.
Forums are great until you read every issue people have and than think you have the same symptoms. It’s like someone saying there are ants all over the floor and you immediately believe they are on you.

but I did purchase a complete steer smarts setup for the Jeep. More preventative than anything, but also wanted to see the steering tighten up. I don’t know what would happen if my wife or daughter were driving and experienced the death wobble. I just don’t want them to have to figure that out so I bought all the parts to prevent that.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
How do you figure that adding spacers changes your spring rate? It doesn't. The only change was the shocks, which everyone complains about.

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you figure that adding spacers changes your spring rate? It doesn't. The only change was the shocks, which everyone complains about.
Then why does it ride much softer with advertised heavier springs than stock? No other change.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Then why does it ride much softer with advertised heavier springs than stock? No other change.
Placebo effect? Honestly I can't answer your personal scenario, but you changed more than just springs. There is nothing you can do to change spring rate other than wearing them out over time. Spacers do nothing other than raise ride height.

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Placebo effect? Honestly I can't answer your personal scenario, but you changed more than just springs. There is nothing you can do to change spring rate other than wearing them out over time. Spacers do nothing other than raise ride height.
Only thing I changed was springs, nothing else, shocks were already on there. I personally have no clue as to whether spacers increase spring load, I don't see how they would, but have read quite a few "opinion" posts that they do.
After changing nothing other than springs, and the ride being much softer with the same shocks, I could see that being a possible effect? IDK? Makes no sense tho, bc these springs have a higher load then factory...unless they, in fact, don't?
Sponsored