Sponsored

Expectations

RABUF

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 3.6, auto, Granite, Cloth Seats, Hard top, LED, Tow, cold Weather, Headliner
Occupation
Retired
I have owned a CJ, YJ, and TJ & 2 JK’s since the early 1970’s.

I expect the entire Jeep, incl me, to be covered in dust when going down a dirt road with the top off.

I expect the hood to “flop” up and down when driving into a head wind.

I expect the front fenders to have chips in them because they are flat

I expect to drift to the right or left when an 18 wheeler zips by me.

I expect to be deaf due to the rag top flapping while driving

I expect to have shorts in the electrical system after I drive thru deep water

I expect the engine to overheat when I drive thru deep mud and don’t clean the radiator.

I expect to see rust on parts of the frame and drive components after driving over treated roads

I expect to replace my brakes & rotors before 50k miles when I drive thru a lot of sand.

I expect to replace the hardtop back window when I don’t close it before backing into garage

I expect to have “death wobble” at 40 -60k if the steering components aren’t maintained

I expect all of this and much more. It’s a Jeep. It’s supposed to be that way.

If you can’t accept any of the above, Please don’t order a Jeep so they can build the 2dr JL Rubicon I ordered on January 6th.
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I have owned a CJ, YJ, and TJ & 2 JK’s since the early 1970’s.

I expect the entire Jeep, incl me, to be covered in dust when going down a dirt road with the top off.

I expect the hood to “flop” up and down when driving into a head wind.

I expect the front fenders to have chips in them because they are flat

I expect to drift to the right or left when an 18 wheeler zips by me.

I expect to be deaf due to the rag top flapping while driving

I expect to have shorts in the electrical system after I drive thru deep water

I expect the engine to overheat when I drive thru deep mud and don’t clean the radiator.

I expect to see rust on parts of the frame and drive components after driving over treated roads

I expect to replace my brakes & rotors before 50k miles when I drive thru a lot of sand.

I expect to replace the hardtop back window when I don’t close it before backing into garage

I expect to have “death wobble” at 40 -60k if the steering components aren’t maintained

I expect all of this and much more. It’s a Jeep. It’s supposed to be that way.

If you can’t accept any of the above, Please don’t order a Jeep so they can build the 2dr JL Rubicon I ordered on January 6th.
I get that you're entitled to your opinion.

I get that there may even be some campiness: (over the top aspects) to these historic sentiments about a Wrangler.

And I hope you appreciate that while some are in complete agreement with you, if not at least appreciative of your sentiments (as I am), that others (and dare I say even you just a tad), for, in this day and age, a $50K sum, expect more.

Rest assured, for all those still desiring 1970s styling at absolutely ridiculous sums of money, there's still the Mercedes G Wagon: which I can't see anyone getting (to each their own though) for much more than showing off the emblem.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I think even the most basic Sport JL will still be too plush for OP. Someone find him a CJ-5 Stat!
Sponsored