ERROR - Transfer case range position sensor

Kasenjo

First Name
Katheryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL sport
Hi everyone, I live in Australia and bought a Jeep JL Unlimited Sport 2019 that showed the ‘transfer case range position’ error last week. Does anyone know: why this happens? What are the consequences? How do I fix it? The dealer had no clue. I’m going on an off-roading camping trip in two weeks and don’t want to be left stranded in the middle of nowhere. Thanks!
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Hi everyone, I live in Australia and bought a Jeep JL Unlimited Sport 2019 that showed the ‘transfer case range position’ error last week. Does anyone know: why this happens? What are the consequences? How do I fix it? The dealer had no clue. I’m going on an off-roading camping trip in two weeks and don’t want to be left stranded in the middle of nowhere. Thanks!
I had this happen early on after driving on the beach. I crawled under there and sprayed the connections with some die electric grease then plugged it back in. And ran the shifter back and forth several times. No problem since.

OP
OP
Kasenjo

Kasenjo

First Name
Katheryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL sport
I had this happen early on after driving on the beach. I crawled under there and sprayed the connections with some die electric grease then plugged it back in. And ran the shifter back and forth several times. No problem since.
Thanks for the tip! How did you get it though? I’ve read is quiet difficult to reach it from below.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Can you show where these connections are please? I have the same error.

Thanks!
Sponsored