cohle

First Name
Cohle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
You’re welcome @blnewt.

I just thought to run the label through Google translate using their image analysis:

“18- Wrangler high with headlight assembly version: US regulatory LED: white light frame: bright LH Made in china 2019-12-17”

:movember: Not a whole lot of new info but I really do wonder if these are somehow linked their OEM counterpart...
Sponsored

cohle

First Name
Cohle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Quick Update:

I had these out in Sedona for the weekend, wow are they bright! So bright in fact that reflections from street signs when the high beams are on were borderline blinding...

Adjustment is the same as OEM as far as I can tell. Requires a long Phillips screw driver to access them with the hood popped. Clockwise for up, counter clockwise for down.

bradsr1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
Glad you‘re still liking them. Have you been in any rain or through the car wash yet? I know some were having condensation issues with other aftermarket lights.

cohle

First Name
Cohle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I did one wash after arriving in Sedona at a diy wash with the high pressure guns. No condensation so far. I’ll definitely update the thread if I encounter any problems.

MO35

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Did you have to do any flashing either with a tazer or by a dealer to get the LEDs to work properly coming from factory halogens?

Are you getting any error messages or flickering other than what you described with the high beams?

Sponsored

cohle

First Name
Cohle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
No flashing of the Jeep required. I don’t own a taser or anything. These were plug and play for me (as advertised). No flickering or error lights.

Also the Jeep has since been washed again and through rain. Still no condensation so fingers crossed on that front.

MO35

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Wow almost seems too good to be true. From what I'm reading, installing the "real" OEM lights either requires a flash or some type of complicated aftermarket wiring harness to get them working right. Not to mention these are at least $200 bucks cheaper.

Order placed.

cohle

First Name
Cohle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hope they work out just as well for you. The high beam thing doesn’t really bother me, but please update this thread to let us know if you experience it as well.

janssejl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport Altitude
I also purchased these and installed them yesterday. I haven’t installed the wire with the fuse yet either, but I plan to do that today. I assume it’s for the DRL and I will confirm once done. I can also attest to not needing a flash for these to work properly. No warnings, errors or flickering. I haven’t checked out the high beam “flicker” yet but I will take it out tonight and see if I can reproduce. I’m very happy so far.

MO35

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I just received mine this morning. First impressions are VERY good. I do have the high beam "issue" but it does not bother me either. When you turn on the high beams, they flip on for a second, then they blink completely off for a fraction of a second, then they flip back on and stay on until you turn them off. They work completely normal when the engine is turned off. I have heard LEDs working with the engine off and being finicky with the engine running is a common issue with LEDs being installed in factory halogen jeeps. I suspect that if you flash the jeep to LED headlight mode with a tazer, it may correct this.

The one aftermarket looking wire sticking out does indeed control the DRL halos. I wired this up to one of my aux switches and it is working beautifully. So far this wire is my only complaint about these, is that wire is pretty cheap. Everything works, and I guess you don't need a super thick wire just to power some LED halos, it just feels a little bit thin.

The other factory looking plug that you said was unused looks like it connects to where the height adjustment screw is. My only guess is there might be a motor in there that allows for motorized adjustment of the beam height? The adjustment mechanism itself does look quite a bit bigger than on my factory halogens. It does not look like this plug is present even on the genuine MOPAR LED headlights, so I don't know how you'd go about wiring them up if this was the case.

All in all I am very pleased so far. Way cheaper than the real ones, and unless you get up close with a magnifying glass, you cant tell the difference. Installation, including the wiring for the halos, was done in 15 minutes. No flash was required and I get no error messages or flickering other than the high beam thing. I will update if I run into any issues when I really test them out in the dark tonight.

Sponsored

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to buy the oem but they are out of stock every place that has a decent price.
I am also wondering if I use my Tazer and update to led headlights if the high beam flicker would go away.

Also could that 3rd extra wire be to power a voltage converter for something built into the light? Maybe that would stop the flicker switching to high beam.

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just got these installed tonight and I am super impressed. They are great and easy install.
I have the oem fogs and oem fender drls I bought from members. The lights match up perfect.
The extra wires with the fuse for the DRLs I just tapped into fuse 58 the passenger heated seat works perfect. I was going to get oem but they were on national back order every place I tried. I am just as happy with these.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Just letting anyone who is interested in these and isn’t in a hurry know, Discount bandit has them for $598 with free shipping.

I’ve never used the site, but maybe you could be successful in getting a price match from a place you do trust.

Cvilla43

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler jl sport
I was going to buy the oem but they are out of stock every place that has a decent price.
I am also wondering if I use my Tazer and update to led headlights if the high beam flicker would go away.

Also could that 3rd extra wire be to power a voltage converter for something built into the light? Maybe that would stop the flicker switching to high beam.
Do you have pic of the lights and how did u plug the DRL I just order mine this morning so I'm trying to see to to run that wire for my DRL

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase