DV8 LED Headlights

cohle

First Name
Cohle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I looked for on-line videos, but no luck as of yet.
Weird. I typed ‘how to adjust JL Wrangler headlights’ into YouTube and got several relevant results. I suspect the information is in your owners manual as well since from what I could tell, the aftermarket headlights are adjusted the same way as the factory ones. The vertical adjustment is just a plastic Phillips screw on the headlight housing. Turning one way goes up, the other way goes down. Good luck.
Sponsored

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
All the sudden my DV8s would not come on tonight. Both lights won't come on. I've checked the switch and the fog lights and DLRs all work.

I'm hoping it's just a fuse. Has anyone else had an issue with these stop working? I've had them about 8 months with no issues.

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
All the sudden my DV8s would not come on tonight. Both lights won't come on. I've checked the switch and the fog lights and DLRs all work.

I'm hoping it's just a fuse. Has anyone else had an issue with these stop working? I've had them about 8 months with no issues.
I have not and hopefully won’t. Maybe the inline relays? But that would be strange that both would go out at the same time. I would look into something with the settings in the dash/cluster. Maybe try going in and setting the headlights to halogen and back to LED?? That’s the first thing I would do. If I remember correctly, I had to do this a couple times when I swapped the halogen tail lights out to LEDs.

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The lights came on for a couple of seconds this morning and then went out and now are out. I used my Superchips programmer and tried to see what the lights were set at but the setting for LED disappeared when I tried to select it. Now I can't get the option to come up. The selection is not even there.

I did pull the codes and there is a code that referred to something wrong with my left headlight. I'm thinking the box that was wired inline to make the LEDs function properly, I think it is cures flicker has gone bad and that is causing the bus system to error out and shut the lights off.

Good thing I was not out at night somewhere. That could have been bad. Hopefully try and replace that in line anti-flicker box get them working...super worried right now as I have a Jeep extended warranty and if I take it in to the dealer they are going to see the aftermarket lights and I'm toast...

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The problem with lights turned out to be something a dealer added that failed. After removing and fixing the wiring they work perfectly again.
Sponsored