vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Sorry I cannot in good conscience like this post! :cwl:
Hang in there, I'm sure Jeep will get their act together real soon on the soft top issue. Holding up a $40k - $50k sold unit over a $1,000 soft top doesn't make to much financal since. I'd be happy to get a IOU on the soft top knowing that the limited supply is going toward folks like yourself with just the soft top order. But that might make to much since for them to do. Lol
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hang in there, I'm sure Jeep will get their act together real soon on the soft top issue. Holding up a $40k - $50k sold unit over a $1,000 soft top doesn't make to much financal since. I'd be happy to get a IOU on the soft top knowing that the limited supply is going toward folks like yourself with just the soft top order. But that might make to much since for them to do. Lol
Well now there have been multiple reports that there are no LED lights either and somebody was told to check back in 2 to 3 weeks as they have no ETA on those now.

Honestly this is not bitching. I was excited to buy a new JL. I am starting to cool off as summer is coming and I'll be out on my bike anyways. If it cannot be built soon I may just cancel and hold off at this point. I love the updates they have made but I have a 2015 I am happy with. The longer this takes the more I think about it and think I may walk away from it. At This point it will only sit as summer approaches because I would rather be on bike anyways.

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Well now there have been multiple reports that there are no LED lights either and somebody was told to check back in 2 to 3 weeks as they have no ETA on those now.

Honestly this is not bitching. I was excited to buy a new JL. I am starting to cool off as summer is coming and I'll be out on my bike anyways. If it cannot be built soon I may just cancel and hold off at this point. I love the updates they have made but I have a 2015 I am happy with. The longer this takes the more I think about it and think I may walk away from it. At This point it will only sit as summer approaches because I would rather be on bike anyways.
I have a couple Indian motorcycle and a 4Runner TRD pro to keep me going through the wait. I wanted a
new JL since I read about it a year ago, so waiting a few more months is no big deal for me. Motorcycle season has started in NC so my other vehicles usually sit in the garage alot anyway. Planning a couple road trips this summer and it would be nice to drI've the new Jeep, but if it doesn't come in the 4runner will work fine. Stay strong my friend, good things come to those that wait.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have a couple Indian motorcycle and a 4Runner TRD pro to keep me going through the wait. I wanted a
new JL since I read about it a year ago, so waiting a few more months is no big deal for me. Motorcycle season has started in NC so my other vehicles usually sit in the garage alot anyway. Planning a couple road trips this summer and it would be nice to drI've the new Jeep, but if it doesn't come in the 4runner will work fine. Stay strong my friend, good things come to those that wait.
I understand and agree. I just already have a JK. Is the JL a big improvement? Yes I think it is. I do have a Jeep to drive that I enjoy is the only reason. If I did not have a JK I would not even be thinking this.

schmidtski

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
My jeep chat today. I ordered a JLU Sahara dual top on 2/22. It has been in status "I" (pending inspection) since 3/19. What I learned from this chat is that it will not be inspected until it has the soft top.

Chanchal: Hi, my name is Chanchal with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?
FS: hi. Would you mind checking my JL order?
FS: address is …
Chanchal: Sure, Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase! Please allow me a brief moment and I will be back with your new vehicle order update.
Chanchal: Your vehicle has completed the build process and is pending quality inspections to ensure that standards are met prior to releasing the vehicle. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously.
FS: it has been pending inspection for over a week. is it delayed because of the soft top shortage?
Chanchal: yes Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top are expected by April
FS: I heard end of march. now it is april?
FS: is that by start of april or end of april
Chanchal: Yes I apologize that's the latest on it-early April
FS: so that means it will be inspected when the softtop is available early april?
Chanchal: it will pass quality when the soft top is available; as it is an option on it and is missing.
FS: thanks.
Chanchal: Thank you for contacting FCA Customer Assistance Center. Please chat with us again (or call us at 1-800-992-1997) if you need further assistance. Have a good day! You have disconnected.
Still in "inspection phase". Although each jeep chat person says something different, I think the soft top shortage is still the issue. I am getting impatient and frustrated. Does anyone have any good updates on when the soft tops will be available?

Sponsored

schmidtski

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Still in "inspection phase". Although each jeep chat person says something different, I think the soft top shortage is still the issue. I am getting impatient and frustrated. Does anyone have any good updates on when the soft tops will be available?
Jeep Chat told me on Friday that the soft top shortage is being resolved by STARTING PRODUCTION ON MAY 14. Anyone else hearing that? Or something different?

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
Jeep Chat told me on Friday that the soft top shortage is being resolved by STARTING PRODUCTION ON MAY 14. Anyone else hearing that? Or something different?
This is for the 2 door only is what I have been told. There is a shortage of soft tops for the 2 door. For the 4 door, they said there are no known shortages of any of the parts. They also told me the regular stopover in JB is normally up to 2 weeks. Take all of this with a grain of salt though. Just what I have heard through Jeep chat and calling them.

Jeep Jenn

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Sport S

I didn't do my research and I'm not as lucky as you were. My dealership has had so many people place "custom" orders and then walk away and leave the dealership with inventory that they can't sell (super custom and NOT based on factory sales) they make everybody put a $1500 (non refundable) deposit on ALL factory orders. So even if I wanted to walk away and just grab the 1st one that comes off the lot I'm SCREWED!

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
I didn't do my research and I'm not as lucky as you were. My dealership has had so many people place "custom" orders and then walk away and leave the dealership with inventory that they can't sell (super custom and NOT based on factory sales) they make everybody put a $1500 (non refundable) deposit on ALL factory orders. So even if I wanted to walk away and just grab the 1st one that comes off the lot I'm SCREWED!
Most of the time, that deposit is refunded once they sell the vehicle. That was my dealers stipulation.

Sponsored

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
Most of the time, that deposit is refunded once they sell the vehicle. That was my dealers stipulation.
It’s illegal for them to hold it push a little you will get it back in 5 days

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
It’s illegal for them to hold it push a little you will get it back in 5 days
I bought what I ordered, so it was a non-issue for me.
Sponsored